looking at 2015 black F6B...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: looking at 2015 black F6B...

looking at 2015 black F6B...

looking at buying an f6b but after reviewing the board and hearing some of the negative comments how about this bike, I am becoming a little reluctant after hearing a couple of the negatives mainly the wind on the back and the black not having a clear coat on the paint, not to mention the wheels aren't very attractive. can some people provide some positive comments or personal experiences Or fixes for these issues...
    Chrome is like cleavage, You can never have too much...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by hgslayr View Post
    looking at buying an f6b but after reviewing the board and hearing some of the negative comments how about this bike, I am becoming a little reluctant after hearing a couple of the negatives mainly the wind on the back and the black not having a clear coat on the paint, not to mention the wheels aren't very attractive. can some people provide some positive comments or personal experiences Or fixes for these issues...
    I never get wind on my back or my face now that I changed the stock shield, which is useless. The 2015 model doesn't come in black so you're good there. As far as the wheels you only have to look at them when you get on the bike and get off other than that they'll be spinning so fast from the flat 6 people will be able to look right through them. So many positives but the main thing is besides low center of gravity, bullet-proof engine with a unmatched pedigree for performance, reliability and longevity, incredible network of dealers, ultra-comfortable saddle, unlimited accessory and modification choices, whisper-quiet vibration-free engine, this is the best forum I've ever been on. Very informative and helpful with good people on it.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    I never get wind on my back or my face now that I changed the stock shield, which is useless. The 2015 model doesn't come in black so you're good there. As far as the wheels you only have to look at them when you get on the bike and get off other than that they'll be spinning so fast from the flat 6 people will be able to look right through them. So many positives but the main thing is besides low center of gravity, bullet-proof engine with a unmatched pedigree for performance, reliability and longevity, incredible network of dealers, ultra-comfortable saddle, unlimited accessory and modification choices, whisper-quiet vibration-free engine, this is the best forum I've ever been on. Very informative and helpful with good people on it.
    +1,after almost 3 years now...still makes me giggle...
    love the new grey and the blue..plus it has cruise now...
    and now it has a good amount of dodads to choose from

so much has changed

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

Curt, nice to see you on the board

Add a vent to the windshield, this will disrupt any reverse vortex behind you and you can always add chrome wheels.

This will never be a Rune but one hell of a great addition to the Rune. I love my Goldwing

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Wow, if you think those 3 little issues could persuade you into not buying a F6B then you have not really reviewed this board for the positives of riding a F6B. For these go far above minor issues. We would hate to see you post negatives and complain about every little issue. So do us a favor don't buy the F6B and enjoy your Rune.

As a side note F6B is not about the chrome!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

hgslayr,
    Really grooving on the Rune. Always wanted one. Someday perhaps, if Tony has a deal I can't refuse.....
    As was mentioned, the "shiny black" is no longer available - so that's no longer an issue - if you are buying new.
    The "wind on the back" is a "new" thread. Been in this board since Aug ('14 F6BD in shiny very fast black) and that's the first I have seen it. I think many of us are still wondering if we feel it....
    As far as wheels being 'attractive'...to whom? Corbin Smuggler seat doesn't leave room for a passenger, so no, I am not out to impress or pick up "gal pals" who are attracted to wheels. Mine will stay black, and part of the lines of the bike, not to advertise.

Since you are a Rune guy, the whole "flat 6, low center of gravity" thing is already known. You also know Honda puts out a great machine.
    What the '6' will do for you that the Rune possibly won't - and I'm guessing here - is give you a well engineered toy to take you elsewhere when the Rune would be too much bling and/or not enough cargo.
    I would be concerned leaving a Rune outside a motel. Not as concerned with the '6.'
    I have ridden the '6' 1000 miles in a day - absolutely no problem. Rune geometry doesn't look that comfortable - for my frame, at least.
    I have taken the '6' through the Smokie Mountains, fully packed, and she had no problems whatsoever.
    I am not a big chrome/accessory guy - I have a '95 Heritage for all that, plus loud noises.
    The '6' is the modern Corvette you commute with and take to places on weekends.
    The Rune (or my Heritage) is the one that comes out for special, local, occasions.

Oh...and my '6' still puts a really stupid smile on my face every time I get going on her. We're 8 months into this relationship and 8k miles.
    With a few extra lights and few lights replaced all for better visibility, she's the best bike I have ever ridden.
    When it comes to the rider and machine functioning as one entity on the road - there's nothing better.

Welcome to the F6B Forums.
    Let us know what you get.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Great comments hgslayr,
    Which driving lights did you put on and switched out headlights, care to share, sounds like you've made some great choices, thanks!!

If you drive faster nobody can see your wheels, there will be less wind at your back as the logarithmic frontal to rearal forces co-verge, and the faster you go the less the shine matters. So with that, go buy one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

I have not noticed any wind on my back when riding.
    I have the Bagger windshield 11–19 inch so far I like it.
    So far my black paint seems okay it's soft but no real scratches.
    I'm not a big fan of the black wheels so I will be putting Goldwing wheels on mine.
    URL=http://s768.photobucket.com/user/extrurer/media/DSCF0631.jpg.html][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    Wow, if you think those 3 little issues could persuade you into not buying a F6B then you have not really reviewed this board for the positives of riding a F6B. For these go far above minor issues. We would hate to see you post negatives and complain about every little issue. So do us a favor don't buy the F6B and enjoy your Rune.

As a side note F6B is not about the chrome!
    What he said +1