Summer Rides
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Summer Rides

shooter

Summer Rides

OK guys tell us about your big summer rides you have planned. Not the trip to the local watering hole but a significant ride. For myself the wife and I have a log cabin rented in Branson and we are going to trailer the B down. We are going to use the cabin as a base and take day trips. One day down into Eureka Springs Arkansas and spend the night there. I have GPS on the bike so any road that looks good is fair game. Another ride that is close to my house is MO Hwy 106 from Ellington to Houston. My son called me about it the other night. Listed as one of the top motorcycle roads in MO. I think its only about 60 miles long but lots of curves. Its about 75 miles from my house. So tell us about your rides.

Do not forget to take SUMMER WINE with you ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OEron4rXfk

I'll be going with a frnd to Sturgis July 22-29. Will be in Sturgis 1 week before the main event. Ride to Old Faithful and other things to do there are being planned.

1- My annual 5 day trip to the Smokies Memorial Day weekend
    2- The week of July 4th, my buddy and I do a week long trip--this year we are thinking upstate New York and Western Penn, Maryland, West Va.
    3- Labor Day Weekend-5 days while I meet all my new riding buddies in Franklin, NC.

Other than that, my rallies include fall Myrtle Beach and April 28-29 at the Outer Banks.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

shooter
    I would like to do the 1 week early Sturgis thing one time Want one. And that Smokies trip sounds pretty good too Old.

2015 rides in the Pacific NW

Since 2010, I have been able to ride 10 to 12 K each summer, mostly in the Pacific NW region...this year I plan to do more of the same....revisiting several areas I haven't been back to in 3 or 4 years
    I start all rides from Caldwell, 20 miles west of Boise Idaho on I - 84

May 2015 4 days/1000 miles- southern Oregon Desert ride....Burns, Bend, Klamath Falls, Lakeview

May 2015 5 days/1300 miles- central Oregon spring ride....Baker City, John Day, Fossil, Prineville, Madras, Heppner, La Grande, Hells Canyon area of Snake River...

June 2015 6 days/1700miles- Crater Lake NP and northern California Redwoods ride ...Bend, Crater Lake, Roseburg, Coos Bay, Crescent City, Arcata, Willow Creek, Happy Camp, Yreka, Weaverville, Lassen Volcanic NP, Alturas, Lakeview

June 2015 3 days/800miles- central Idaho and Sun Valley...Stanley, Sawtooths N Rec Area, Salmon, Arco, Craters of the Moon NMon, Sun Valley and home

July 2015 6 days/1600miles ...northern Oregon Coast ride...Bend, Sisters, Sweet Home, Florence, waldport, Newport, Lincoln City, Tillamook, Cannon Beach, Astoria, Pacific City, Philomath, Eugene, Oakridge, Newberry Craters N Mon, Burns and home

August 2015 6 days/1700miles....Montana/Big Sky ride...Grangeville, US12 Lolo Trail to Missoula, Ravalli, Thompson Falls, Libby, Kalispell, Glacier N P, Browning, Choteau, Helena, Avon, Anaconda, Wise River, Wisdom, Salmon, Stanley and home

Sept 2015 3 days/800miles...infamous Rattlesnake Grade loop...Baker city, La Grande, Enterprise. Clarkston, Pomeroy, Dusty, Colfax, Potlatch, Kendrick, Orofino and home

Sept 2015 7 days/2000miles....British Columbia Canada trip....Nelson, Castlegar, New Denver, Nakusp, Revelstoke, Sicamous, Vernon, Needles, Kaslo, Balfour, Grand Forks, Osoyoos, Republic WA...Kettle Falls, Spokane, Lewiston, Orofino and home

Most of my riding is in Oregon, Washington, Montana, Wyoming and Northern California because Idaho roads are in terrible condition constantly....and many secondary and backroads are not paved...

Quote Originally Posted by sshake1905 View Post
    Since 2010, I have been able to ride 10 to 12 K each summer, mostly in the Pacific NW region...this year I plan to do more of the same....revisiting several areas I haven't been back to in 3 or 4 years
    I start all rides from Caldwell, 20 miles west of Boise Idaho on I - 84
    I just went through Caldwell and Boise on my way back to Phoenix.

Not sure this summer. I am a school teacher so I have 10 weeks off in the summer. I normally spend some of that time taking a trip on the bike depending on other obligations. That is why my map is filled in except for two states, Idaho and Hawaii. I have also hit most of Canada except the New Brunswick Nova Scotia areas.

I have not been to the keys in many years so I am thinking about a trip to Key West, maybe Camping at Bahia Honda for a few days before going to Key West. Not sure as of yet.

I'm still working on getting enough time off to ride to Franklin. That will be my Sturgis!

Colorado in June, starting at Ft. Collins - criss cross the state, and home - 10 days total.