Summer Rides - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Summer Rides

shooter
    I don't know about you guys but I want a riding schedule like shake. Man I am officially jealous.

Shooter 75 miles isn't a trip? Unless your backpacking!

Trip One - Tampa, Fl to Torrington, Ct. 1250 miles one way. Week before July 4th.

Trip two - F6B Rally from Tampa, Fl to Franklin, NC and back. About 1700 miles. Week of Labor Day.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

I’ll be doing the Colorado Classic 1000 in June (http://bmwmcc.org/colorado_classic_1000.php), then up to Boulder for a day or two and then wandering the Southwest for the rest of that week. I’ve got a hankering to walk across the London Bridge, so I’ll probably make it to Lake Havasu City before I point it home.

In July, my wife and I are planning a Great Plains/Rockies trip. Lubbock, TX to Mt. Rushmore and Crazy Horse Monument to Little Bighorn and from there wandering back down through Wyoming and Colorado before heading home. At least 2,600 miles for that trip.

I’m sure there will be other long weekend trips over the summer, just don’t know what yet.

I may go to Springerville, AZ this weekend but since it’s not yet summer, I guess that one doesn’t count ;-)

Oceana City Bike week

One of the trips the wife and I will be going on is to the Oceana city Bike week in Maryland. 150 miles 3 hrs. three day trip

trip plans

Hey shooter....thanks for the kudos on the summer trip schedules....I spent 31 years teaching geography in public schools, so the somewhat "anal" schedule details were built in over the years...
    at least that is what my wife says...

Have about 5 or 6 others that I ride with...all Honda GLs or older Valkries and Harleys...evenly divided....and all retired....so we can do the miles each summer...

For some reason, they let me have fun planning all these rides each spring and come along for the rides...if schedules work out....We have a great time, but as we all grow older...average daily distance covered has slipped to below 300 miles....more frequent stops, older butts, wives along on some of shorter ones....just sayin

Shaker

Gonna spend bout a week riding Virginia & W Virginia, Skyline Drive, Claw of Dragon, etc, around Mid June.
    13 F6B Deluxe I've taken the road less traveled, now where the hell am I?
    I don't buy a bike to impress other people, just me !!

shooter
    Shaker it sounds like a blast. Wish I could join you.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    Shooter 75 miles isn't a trip? Unless your backpacking!

Trip One - Tampa, Fl to Torrington, Ct. 1250 miles one way. Week before July 4th.

Trip two - F6B Rally from Tampa, Fl to Franklin, NC and back. About 1700 miles. Week of Labor Day.
    Let me clarify. Its about 75 mikes to get to the road they say is so good. And then that's another 60 to 75 miles. By the time I take at least three wrong turns and stop for sustenance I may have to get a room. And stop bragging John. Some of us actually have to work for a living. I haven't had a full week off in over 20 years.

Heading to the Lake of the Ozarks in June (400 miles each way). Will be riding alongside my 83 year-old dad, who looks great on his 2008 Yamaha FJR1300! Hope I'm still riding when I'm his age! He downsized from a Goldwing just last year. I've been trying to talk him into an F6B, but he's worried that it would be too heavy for him.

We've been riding together for many years, and I hope we can keep going for a few more...

shooter
    Thats neat Rik. You and your Dad. It don't get any better than that. And 83 , WHEW!!! That's a tough act to follow. Congrats to you and your Dad. I hope my son can tell that story about me someday.