Summer Rides - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Summer Rides

Annual trip from Crystal Lake, Il to Ocean City, NJ with wife. 5 -6 days, total with side trips about 2100 miles. Usually go via Rochester, NY, down PA Trnpk through Poconos, and then through Phila. Some years via Lexington, Roanoke, Newport News and Lewes-Cape May ferry.

3-4 days to Traverse City, Mi and Mission Penninsula for wine tasting.

Planning on trailering to Cape Coral in December, and then maybe trailering to Sedona in Feb.

Summer Trips

Detroit to Franklin for the Rally
    Detroit to the U.P. for some camping and fishing
    Detroit to Duluth, MN (need an Aerostitch replacement)
    Ohio Bike Week
    Numerous trips to Ohio (there's no Waffle House's in Michigan and any excuse to ride off of Michigan roads)

.... and whatever I can squeeze in based on work schedule

Damn, I need to retire!

I'm turning 68, retired and single so every year I take a month, sometimes two, and go somewhere on my bike. In late June I will depart and head east to Maine and explore the New England area. My daughter lives in New York so I will visit her and then head down the east coast to Florida and out to Key West. My return trip will take me more inland to cruise the Blue Ridge Parkway and ultimately cross into Canada at Niagara Falls and home.
    My past trips can be viewed at: monetbridge.blogspot.ca
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Exploring the world, one road at a time.

Leaving April 15. Day 1 Minneapolis MN to Cincinati OH, 770 miles. Visit family. April 18, Cincinati to Branson MO, 650 miles. Will base out of Branson for a week. Day tripping into Arkinsaw. This year I'm going to try and not drag the front crash bar again.

shooter
    Sorcerer , my son lives in Cincy. I will be there on the 18th. Its my birthday. Enjoy your trip brother.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Sorcerer , my son lives in Cincy. I will be there on the 18th. Its my birthday. Enjoy your trip brother.
    If all works as planned it will be a 6:00 am leave from Cincinati. Happy early birthday.

Week before the Main event in Sturgis

July 25&26 in Rapid City (riding the Hills)
    27th Over the Big Horn Mts Stay in Riverton Wy
    28th off to Jackson Hole/ Teton Mts.
    29th up thru west side of Yellowstone to Garnier Mt.
    30th Back thru East side to Cody
    31st Back to Rapid City

Lots of time to play......

So far I am going to Sturgis for the rally the first week of Aug. I'm sure I will get alot of riding in out there. Just starting to plan out all the day trips I will be making while there. Will be staying in Spearfish. Hope to see some fellow F6B riders out there while I'm there

Leaving Ridgecrest CA on the 30th of June and heading for Bloomington, IN. VIA I-15 to I-70 to Grand Junction, then 50 Hwy down through Gunnison, over to Colo Springs, back on I-70 the rest of the way to Indiana. 3 days and 2089 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by sshake1905 View Post
    Since 2010, I have been able to ride 10 to 12 K each summer, mostly in the Pacific NW region...this year I plan to do more of the same....revisiting several areas I haven't been back to in 3 or 4 years
    I start all rides from Caldwell, 20 miles west of Boise Idaho on I - 84

May 2015 4 days/1000 miles- southern Oregon Desert ride....Burns, Bend, Klamath Falls, Lakeview

May 2015 5 days/1300 miles- central Oregon spring ride....Baker City, John Day, Fossil, Prineville, Madras, Heppner, La Grande, Hells Canyon area of Snake River...

June 2015 6 days/1700miles- Crater Lake NP and northern California Redwoods ride ...Bend, Crater Lake, Roseburg, Coos Bay, Crescent City, Arcata, Willow Creek, Happy Camp, Yreka, Weaverville, Lassen Volcanic NP, Alturas, Lakeview

June 2015 3 days/800miles- central Idaho and Sun Valley...Stanley, Sawtooths N Rec Area, Salmon, Arco, Craters of the Moon NMon, Sun Valley and home

July 2015 6 days/1600miles ...northern Oregon Coast ride...Bend, Sisters, Sweet Home, Florence, waldport, Newport, Lincoln City, Tillamook, Cannon Beach, Astoria, Pacific City, Philomath, Eugene, Oakridge, Newberry Craters N Mon, Burns and home

August 2015 6 days/1700miles....Montana/Big Sky ride...Grangeville, US12 Lolo Trail to Missoula, Ravalli, Thompson Falls, Libby, Kalispell, Glacier N P, Browning, Choteau, Helena, Avon, Anaconda, Wise River, Wisdom, Salmon, Stanley and home

Sept 2015 3 days/800miles...infamous Rattlesnake Grade loop...Baker city, La Grande, Enterprise. Clarkston, Pomeroy, Dusty, Colfax, Potlatch, Kendrick, Orofino and home

Sept 2015 7 days/2000miles....British Columbia Canada trip....Nelson, Castlegar, New Denver, Nakusp, Revelstoke, Sicamous, Vernon, Needles, Kaslo, Balfour, Grand Forks, Osoyoos, Republic WA...Kettle Falls, Spokane, Lewiston, Orofino and home

Most of my riding is in Oregon, Washington, Montana, Wyoming and Northern California because Idaho roads are in terrible condition constantly....and many secondary and backroads are not paved...
    Wow,
    wish I could plan my life that far out.
    Enjoy..
    I'm in NW Oregon if you need anything.
    J
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe