Summer Rides - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Summer Rides

10 day, 3,000 trip, w/11 friends to Deadwood, Cody, West Yellowstone, a lot of Yellowstone Park and 2 days back to Minn/Wi, threw Montana and N Dakota. June 25 - July 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by Riknchar View Post
    Heading to the Lake of the Ozarks in June (400 miles each way). Will be riding alongside my 83 year-old dad, who looks great on his 2008 Yamaha FJR1300! Hope I'm still riding when I'm his age! He downsized from a Goldwing just last year. I've been trying to talk him into an F6B, but he's worried that it would be too heavy for him.

We've been riding together for many years, and I hope we can keep going for a few more...
    If I had father at age of 83 , I'd buy him Kawi H2R , which is much lighter , than FJR and definitely GW . I'm sure , he could show us , what a real motorcycling is about . This guy could be a mentor for all of us . My regards for his heart and bravery !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ISLANDER1089 View Post
    I'm turning 68, retired and single so every year I take a month, sometimes two, and go somewhere on my bike. In late June I will depart and head east to Maine and explore the New England area. My daughter lives in New York so I will visit her and then head down the east coast to Florida and out to Key West. My return trip will take me more inland to cruise the Blue Ridge Parkway and ultimately cross into Canada at Niagara Falls and home.
    My past trips can be viewed at: monetbridge.blogspot.ca
    Simply , marvelous plan .

I would like to be riding anywhere; my bike has been out of commission for a few weeks

summer rides

Yup, was leaving Friday for the Ozarks, but the tornados in Texas and Nebraska, caused me to postpone for a week. Doesn't matter, I'm retired. Then a trip around Min and the U.P. Also doing Sturgis, arriving early. it will be more nuts than ever, being the 75th anniversity. That's about as far ahead as I will plan. Don't want to get in a "schedule". Rather just go when I feel it.

Summer trips

Attachment 13926Leaving for west coast May 22, first leg to Red Wing MN, then into South Dakota through Black Hills. Will spend a couple days in Yellowstone and work my way up to Washington State. Taking 101 down to San Francisco to visit my sister after a detour to Eugene, OR., to help my daughter move out of her dorm at U of O 2nd week of June. Looking for a few miles on return trip on Route 66 before deciding on final route home. Planning on a good month on the road and a lot of good weather but i"m not on a day by day schedule.

Summer trips

Anyone interested on any legs of the trip i would be interested!

Hey, neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Fred6b View Post
    Anyone interested on any legs of the trip i would be interested!
    Grafton is only about 40 minutes from Ft. Atkinson. I'm retired, so if it's not raining, I could ride to Red Wing with you. That's a nice ride. What time you planning to depart? Got a route picked yet?

Well, I guess it 's more like an hour and a half. If your heading out on hwy 60, I could meet you in Columbus. That's just a straight shot north for me.

With my absence from May 27 - June 17 , I'll disarm all needle stackers , archers , shooters and armored bugs . No responses to any kind of threats . I'll be riding on the European tracks with my Valkyrie bodies . Our target : Parisian Girls . Inzane with all other attractions , included .

http://vrcc-france.com/inzane2015/index.html