Balance issue?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Balance issue?

Balance issue?

Just wondering what others have noticed while riding with your hands off the bars for a few seconds. Mine wants to lean to the right. Been that way since new. I wonder if its common or not.

Try moving your wallet to the left rear pocket.

My wallet is empty after all the accessories I've ordered, so it doesn't weigh down the right side anymore.

Balance out the weight in th saddle bags. If they are empty add some weight to the left bag. I am so accustomed to keeping too much junk in my side bags that I have made a conscience effort to try to keep the balance correct between the two. I don't think I have ever rode the bike without something in them so I have not experienced any balance issues. Just a thought.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My wallet is in my front pocket. I'm a truck driver so I don't like sitting on it all day and my chain drive wallet days are behind me.

I actually have more weight in the left bag cuz I have a tool kit in there. (Used the tools yesterday to tinker on my friends Harley, LOL)

I was thinking maybe the drive system might cause it cuz it's my first single sided swing arm bike.

Anyone else notice the bike leaning to the right when you let go of the bars?

All my bikes have leaned one way or the other...only one or two have moved straight away...could be one butt cheek is larger than the other......
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I just talked to a friend that's a BMW rider and he says his bike does the same thing. Suggested it might have to to with the rotation of the engine. Makes sense cuz this is my first flat opposed cylinder bike. All I had before was vtwins, vfours and straight fours.

Why are you riding with no hands?

Quote Originally Posted by Alberta Beagle View Post
    Excellent question ... ?????

Humor

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    All my bikes have leaned one way or the other...only one or two have moved straight away...could be one butt cheek is larger than the other......
    Miles has been on a "levity" binge lately! You're running a close second

Quote Originally Posted by Alberta Beagle View Post
    Someone told me it wasn't safe.