so.....is the paint better on 2015 models ? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: so.....is the paint better on 2015 models ?

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    I washed my black '13 yesterday and applied my first coat of liquid glass. There was no paint residue on the applicator.
    Even with only 1 coat, the finish was like a mirror. That stuff works great.
    +1 on the Liquid Glass and remember the more coats it seems the better.I don't know about others 13 black F6B's but my paint from day one scratched and I went thru the crap Honda recomended and many other products with no good results.The only stuff that has worked on my crappy black paint has been the Liquid Glass.Only other fix would be a repaint and someday I am sure I will do that as I plan to keep her for a LONG time.Another great product I used on the tank was Tech Spec pads.They look good and really protect me from rubbing the paint away around the top compartments.Hope the 15 owners have better paint then us 13 owners cause I have not imagined my problem.

Mine is a fast red 13 that I bought new last june. I use serious shine by napa with a microfiber cloth.
    So far I have had no problems with either swirls or paint rubbing off and I wipe everthing before or after every ride. not claiming this is the miracle product to use it is my product of preference. Not saying that no one has these problems It just happens I don't.

My 2013 Black F6b has paint so soft, that every bug hit on the fairing is visible as an imprint in the paint finish. It really looks like crap. The only way to eliminate the imprints is to level the paint. First motorcycle I've owned in 35+ years riding, where the fairing paint is less durable than the plastic windshield.

110 miles on my '13 F6b and just applied my SIXTH coat of liquid glass! pretty soon I'll be even miles to coats of LG! Seems to work nice, very easy to apply (I Just wash with sponge soapy water), wipes off easy and gives a nice shine. I have had dozens of bikes, black is the worst, no matter the brand....
    "Current Stable"
    2013 F6B - black
    2006 Harley Davidson Screamin' Eagle CVO Ultra
    2009 KLR 650
    2003 Harley Davidson FLSTSI
    2003 Harley Davidson FLSTSI (yup, 2)
    2001 Harley Davidson FXDXT
    2006 Aprilia Scarabeo 500GT
    1981 Hondamatic 400
    1980 Yamaha Exciter 250
    1973 Honda CB360
    2009 Yamaha C3

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    I'd still like to know what, exactly, was wrong with paint on the 2013 and 2014 models. Mine is perfect.
    You must be lucky because my paint is garbage. Mine is so scratched up now that I don't even care anymore. I still wash it and put Liquid Glass on it but it looks horrible. Paint shows up on all my microfiber towels.

Some years ago I had a black Suzuki and the paint was immaculate. I barely ever washed it and it shined like the day I bought it new. There's definitely an issue with Honda's paint.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    You must be lucky because my paint is garbage. Mine is so scratched up now that I don't even care anymore. I still wash it and put Liquid Glass on it but it looks horrible. Paint shows up on all my microfiber towels.

Some years ago I had a black Suzuki and the paint was immaculate. I barely ever washed it and it shined like the day I bought it new. There's definitely an issue with Honda's paint.
    I'm getting to be like you bobby, I don't seem to care as much about trying to take care of it. I don't put LG on nearly as much as I used to. Bridgestone Motorcycles used to have the best engines, paint, and chrome (which was usually the fenders and part of the tank) of any bike. That quality was expensive which led to their demise.