so.....is the paint better on 2015 models ?

Thread: so.....is the paint better on 2015 models ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I am lovin this matte gray paint.. It just looks awsome

After many cleanings, I have not discovered any swirl marks in the paint at all and seems to resist finger print marks. at least hides em very well.

The paint is easy to clean. I've been using H2O and car wash soap, applied with a soft fine porous sponge, its a wax sponge applicator from one of my car wax kits, then towel dried. I have been looking for motorcycle wash soap, but have not located any as of yet.

Also I use Pledge with the no wax formula, been working just fine, I make sure to wipe off all residue. Works great on the windscreen.

Pledge works on almost any finish...Been using it on my Rune for years...
    Chrome is like cleavage, You can never have too much...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Flat paint

All I can tell yea is what the dealer told me and what I read on line about flat or satin paint finishes. Just google it more info. then you want.

No wax on satin paint

No problems whatsoever on my 2015 Matte Silver F6B. This is the first vehicle I've owned with matte paint, and it does take some getting used to not having to wax...

I think the only possible issues I may face are due to hard-water spotting on the gray paint. I wash my bikes frequently using car wash soap and lots of water, followed by diligent (but gentle) towel drying. I've only had my bike for a short time, but I really like the classy 2-tone charcoal gray/lighter gray look, and will do everything I can to keep it looking new for a long time.

when I wash mine (Rune) I use a leaf blower immediately after to blow out all the excess water from all the cracks and then I towel dry it...
    Chrome is like cleavage, You can never have too much...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I washed my black '13 yesterday and applied my first coat of liquid glass. There was no paint residue on the applicator.
    Even with only 1 coat, the finish was like a mirror. That stuff works great.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    I washed my black '13 yesterday and applied my first coat of liquid glass. There was no paint residue on the applicator.
    Did you use the Liquid Glass Prep Wash stuff?
    I was gifted the whole deal.
    Just need some fairly decent weather.
    Oh wait, I live in Philly. Nevermind.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Did you use the Liquid Glass Prep Wash stuff?
    No.
    I just washed the bike with a hand mitt using warm water and some Sunlight dish detergent.
    I used the dish detergent because there was a lot of silicone grease smudges on the glossy panels.
    I had silicone greased the bosses and grommets when I reassembled my bike after the winter mods.
    I wasn't overly cautious about getting the bike dirty, as I knew I'd be giving it a thorough wash before applying the LG once the weather was warm enough.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    +1 on the Liquid Glass and remember the more coats it seems the better.I don't know about others 13 black F6B's but my paint from day one scratched and I went thru the crap Honda recomended and many other products with no good results.The only stuff that has worked on my crappy black paint has been the Liquid Glass.Only other fix would be a repaint and someday I am sure I will do that as I plan to keep her for a LONG time.Another great product I used on the tank was Tech Spec pads.They look good and really protect me from rubbing the paint away around the top compartments.Hope the 15 owners have better paint then us 13 owners cause I have not imagined my problem.