so.....is the paint better on 2015 models ? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: so.....is the paint better on 2015 models ?

Point taken and I will no longer respond to any paint issues.....Regards

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

My FINAL comments on Honda's NEW "Environmentally Friendly" Paint technology .....

It's all about cutting PRODUCTION COSTS ... unfortunately QUALITY has suffered

https://youtu.be/bKLPXvZytIs

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

thank you Phantom

After reading your last few posts on this particular thread, which I started by the way, I much appreciate your defense of those of us with early 2013 black F6s....my VIN number ends with
    000342... and the paint is terrible...

In my 50 years of owning almost 20 different motorcycles, if have never seen such soft, touchy paint....true that the black amplifies the problems....but it is still what it is....on my bike at least..
    shit quality paint...

Just started this thread to get only the opinions from owners of the new 2015 F6Bs...as to if the quality, or hardness, of the paint was better than previous comments on the forum...

I didn't ask for any opinions of 2013 or 2014 owners, with Honda or custom paint jobs...I think we all need to read the question on the thread before jumping in with unhelpful comments....

I still would like to hear more comments from new 2015 owners about how their paint is holding up under normal cleaning and polishing.....
    I am considering trading my 2013 on a new 2015, if new owners believe the paint quality has improved ....The Honda F6B is the closest to perfect as any bike I have owned.....except for the paint job....

Thanks again Phantom

Quote Originally Posted by sshake1905 View Post
    I have seen at least 4 or 5, or maybe more, new 2015 F6Bs joining the Forum in last few weeks...... I am wondering if the quality of the paint quality on the new blue and grey 2015 is any better than previous models in 2013 and 2014 ?

Have searched forum for comments by the new 2015 owners about the paint, but without any real defining remarks....good or bad...

I...and I assume, many others on the forum, would like to hear opinions, comments and advice from new 2015 F6B owners...as to the quality of the paint on their new bikes..

So....new 2015 F6B owners....please post any positive or negative details about the paint on your new bikes....thanks much

Shaker
    My Black 2014 Valkyrie paint quality was terrible it scratched on the gas tank from my jeans,so far my Blue F6B looks good but I haven't had it that long.

2017 ABS Pearl White GoldWing Grand Touring motorcycle

Life is too short to sweat the petty stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by chipmaker View Post
    Too funny, pages and pages of posts about shitty paint, and you 2 think it was imagined. Yep...
    Why would you choose this post to reply to, snidely at that, instead of just telling me what the issue is as I asked in post #4?

I've had no reason to search for paint issues but I've been curious enough to ask a couple of times before and, other than crickets, I received similar responses... "it's written on the internet"... therefore it must be true.

I'll take Tony's word for it though. In addition to paint showing up on polishing pads, I guess people were seeing scuffs, scratches, and misc other quality issues.

I was a member on this site before I bought my blue 15' in late January, and was aware of the paint problems mentioned again here. I have 1600 miles on it so far. It has been washed and waxed three times.

I paid close attention to the paint, and any color coming off on the wash / wax applicators and cloth. I can say I have seen NO blue coming off, and have had zero problems with scratches.

I will continue to watch for any problems on the blue and black paint, and will post here if I see any change.

I washed my black '13 yesterday and applied my first coat of liquid glass. There was no paint residue on the applicator.
    Even with only 1 coat, the finish was like a mirror. That stuff works great.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    I washed my black '13 yesterday and applied my first coat of liquid glass. There was no paint residue on the applicator.
    Even with only 1 coat, the finish was like a mirror. That stuff works great.
    Did you use the Liquid Glass Prep Wash stuff?
    I was gifted the whole deal.
    Just need some fairly decent weather.
    Oh wait, I live in Philly. Nevermind.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Did you use the Liquid Glass Prep Wash stuff?
    No.
    I just washed the bike with a hand mitt using warm water and some Sunlight dish detergent.
    I used the dish detergent because there was a lot of silicone grease smudges on the glossy panels.
    I had silicone greased the bosses and grommets when I reassembled my bike after the winter mods.
    I wasn't overly cautious about getting the bike dirty, as I knew I'd be giving it a thorough wash before applying the LG once the weather was warm enough.