Madstad made my radio louder.

Thread: Madstad made my radio louder.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Way to go Ixol!

Interesting though... it looks like they reshaped both the base and the shield. Or is it just me? Here's mine that I bought last year.

SRT8... I think you're right about the shapes of both the base and the shield. They do seem to have been changed. And it looks like the position of the bracket on your shield is lower. I bought my Madstad used, and not from the original owner, so I can't say when it was mtg'd... but it does look as if it's been revised at some point.

Actually, I just scrutinized the pics on the Madstad website, and your base is shaped like that in the pics of the Gold Wing GL1800 - longer on each side -near the mirrors - than the F6B base. And your bracket position seems to match their GL1800 shield also. Is yours that model maybe?
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ixol Phaane View Post
    SRT8... I think you're right about the shapes of both the base and the shield. They do seem to have been changed. And it looks like the position of the bracket on your shield is lower. I bought my Madstad used, and not from the original owner, so I can't say when it was mtg'd... but it does look as if it's been revised at some point.

Actually, I just scrutinized the pics on the Madstad website, and your base is shaped like that in the pics of the Gold Wing GL1800 - longer on each side -near the mirrors - than the F6B base. And your bracket position seems to match their GL1800 shield also. Is yours that model maybe?
    I just checked my receipt to make sure I ordered the right one... and I did; my receipt says Goldwing F6B. I ordered mine last July and, idk, I guess they were still figuring out the setup for us. I actually like the look of yours better

Glad you're enjoying it!

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    I just checked my receipt to make sure I ordered the right one... and I did; my receipt says Goldwing F6B. I ordered mine last July and, idk, I guess they were still figuring out the setup for us. I actually like the look of yours better

Glad you're enjoying it!
    I think you have a "one off" base shield. Call em and ask about it, maybe they will ship you the one all the rest of us have.

Good call hiflyer; they're only about 30 miles from me... I may just ride up and see what they say in person.

You people are costing me more money---you do know that, right????
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    You people are costing me more money---you do know that, right????
    It's all about keeping the economy stimulated, baby!
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ixol Phaane View Post
    It's all about keeping the economy stimulated, baby!
    Well I am doing my part. Ordered mine today. Maybe the wife won't notice.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]