Madstad made my radio louder.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Madstad made my radio louder.

Madstad made my radio louder.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what happened. I only have to turn it up to 12 or 13 now.
    With the BaggerShield 11/19 in short mode I had to run it at 14 or 15.

I'm 5'8" with a 32" inseam and I'm riding with the stock seat. The Madstad is adjusted so I just look over the top of the 11" dark gray shield.
    I was just looking over the top of the BaggerShield, too, but what a difference!
    For me, the cockpit is so much quieter and has much less turbulence.
    I was content with the BaggerShield... I like the Madstad better.

Thanks, BBB!
    Ready to ride whenever you are.

Attachment 13092
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

I found that to be true also...
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

All right, another "MAD" MADSTADER! It's guuuud!

Quote Originally Posted by Ixol Phaane View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what happened. I only have to turn it up to 12 or 13 now.
    With the BaggerShield 11/19 in short mode I had to run it at 14 or 15.

Attachment 13092
    Looks nice from that view.

Okay, some of us want to know ....

How does that Madstad compare to the BaggerShield in the tall mode?
    Albuquerque, NM

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    Looks nice from that view.

Okay, some of us want to know ....

How does that Madstad compare to the BaggerShield in the tall mode?

Sitting behind the BaggerShield in tall mode I feel very protected. It's very quiet and there is little to no turbulence. It calms things down really well for the GF, too.
    My biggest gripe with the BS in tall mode is that I have to look through the shield. It also acts as a pretty good sail, too.

The Madstad is impressive so far, after just a couple hundred miles. I get a very quiet ride, with little to no turbulence similar to the BaggerShield...no helmet buffeting or wind roar. And I can still look over the top of the Madstad shield. For me it's as quiet as sitting behind the BS in tall mode. And it doesn't catch wind like the Bagger tall.

The Madstad is not much taller than the BaggerShield bottom section, but the difference in protection is significant.

I'm looking forward to getting the GF on the back and knowing how she feels about it. When I do, I'll update the thread.

Way to go Ixol!

Interesting though... it looks like they reshaped both the base and the shield. Or is it just me? Here's mine that I bought last year.

I purchased my F6B yesterday, and the Madstad 13" windscreen today. I hope it brings the same results you have enjoyed.

I too had the baggershield and wasn't happy in low mode and flipped gave protection, but was getting hit on top of helmet with wind severely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by naga viper View Post
    I too had the baggershield and wasn't happy in low mode and flipped gave protection, but was getting hit on top of helmet with wind severely.
    I'm 5' 8" and am pretty content with the Bagger Shield. Actually prefer riding with only the bottom unless it's really chilly. Content is the word, but reading posts like yours makes me wonder if I'd also find a shield like the Madstad preferable. I ,IMHO, think the BaggerShield is a better looking windscreen. Do you feel the improvement is worth the difference in this department? That's probably a dumb question. Got some front and side pics?

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Way to go Ixol!

Interesting though... it looks like they reshaped both the base and the shield. Or is it just me? Here's mine that I bought last year.

SRT8... I think you're right about the shapes of both the base and the shield. They do seem to have been changed. And it looks like the position of the bracket on your shield is lower. I bought my Madstad used, and not from the original owner, so I can't say when it was mtg'd... but it does look as if it's been revised at some point.

Actually, I just scrutinized the pics on the Madstad website, and your base is shaped like that in the pics of the Gold Wing GL1800 - longer on each side -near the mirrors - than the F6B base. And your bracket position seems to match their GL1800 shield also. Is yours that model maybe?