Madstad made my radio louder. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Madstad made my radio louder.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    I'm 5' 8" and am pretty content with the Bagger Shield. Actually prefer riding with only the bottom unless it's really chilly. Content is the word, but reading posts like yours makes me wonder if I'd also find a shield like the Madstad preferable. I ,IMHO, think the BaggerShield is a better looking windscreen. Do you feel the improvement is worth the difference in this department? That's probably a dumb question. Got some front and side pics?
    I will have to look if I have more pix. I am also 5'8"
    That pix is preferred angle as per Madstad.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by naga viper View Post
    I will have to look if I have more pix. I am also 5'8"
    That pix is preferred angle as per Madstad.
    Thanks for sharing. I'll have to see them in person at the rally.

I'm 5' 8" and am pretty content with the Bagger Shield. Actually prefer riding with only the bottom unless it's really chilly. Content is the word, but reading posts like yours makes me wonder if I'd also find a shield like the Madstad preferable. I ,IMHO, think the BaggerShield is a better looking windscreen. Do you feel the improvement is worth the difference in this department? That's probably a dumb question. Got some front and side pics?
    Here ya go, Jimmytee. Here's some pix for ya.

Attachment 13142 Attachment 13143 Attachment 13144
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ixol Phaane View Post
    Here ya go, Jimmytee. Here's some pix for ya.

Attachment 13142 Attachment 13143 Attachment 13144
    Thanks. Is that where you typically have it adjusted? Seems like an abrupt change in angle from the lines.

Thanks. Is that where you typically have it adjusted? Seems like an abrupt change in angle from the lines.
    Here's mine. I don't like the barn door look, and this works great.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's where I had it set yesterday riding 2-up for 300 miles. It performed very well for both of us. Hiflyer has his laid back more. I've been moving it 'round looking for the sweet spot that's best for me. I don't think I'm gonna find one for all the riding conditions. Air flow changes as speed increases... so what works great at 45 may be lacking at 75 and require some adjustment.

And THAT is the beauty of the Madstad...its adjustable to your riding conditions.

I wasn't crazy about the aesthetics at first, but it's growing on me. I'm starting to think it adds a little bad ass-ness.
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

That's where I had it set yesterday riding 2-up for 300 miles. It performed very well for both of us. Hiflyer has his laid back more.
    I also am using the bracket holes closest to the inner shield. You are fortunate that you got the one like mine, with the multiple bracket adjustment holes. The new ones are different than ours. Whatever position works for you!

SRT8... I think you're right about the shapes of both the base and the shield. They do seem to have been changed. And it looks like the position of the bracket on your shield is lower. I bought my Madstad used, and not from the original owner, so I can't say when it was mtg'd... but it does look as if it's been revised at some point.

Actually, I just scrutinized the pics on the Madstad website, and your base is shaped like that in the pics of the Gold Wing GL1800 - longer on each side -near the mirrors - than the F6B base. And your bracket position seems to match their GL1800 shield also. Is yours that model maybe?
    I just checked my receipt to make sure I ordered the right one... and I did; my receipt says Goldwing F6B. I ordered mine last July and, idk, I guess they were still figuring out the setup for us. I actually like the look of yours better

Glad you're enjoying it!

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    I just checked my receipt to make sure I ordered the right one... and I did; my receipt says Goldwing F6B. I ordered mine last July and, idk, I guess they were still figuring out the setup for us. I actually like the look of yours better

Glad you're enjoying it!
    I think you have a "one off" base shield. Call em and ask about it, maybe they will ship you the one all the rest of us have.

Good call hiflyer; they're only about 30 miles from me... I may just ride up and see what they say in person.