Grip Puppies
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Grip Puppies

Grip Puppies

After years of riding Harleys I found the tiny diameter grips on my F6B to be very uncomfortable. Someone suggested grip puppies. WOW. Just did my first ride with them today and they make a great difference. Much more comfortable, although they are very expensive at <$10. Easy to install and they feel great.

So far the two cheapest things you can add (grip puppies and hand wings) have proven to be the best extras for the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by hoglaw View Post
    After years of riding Harleys I found the tiny diameter grips on my F6B to be very uncomfortable. Someone suggested grip puppies. WOW. Just did my first ride with them today and they make a great difference. Much more comfortable, although they are very expensive at <$10. Easy to install and they feel great.

So far the two cheapest things you can add (grip puppies and hand wings) have proven to be the best extras for the bike.
    I got the large Kury wraps with throttle boss to make up for the tiny diameter grips. Cheap cruise control......
    I also just took my first ride with the Baker Hand Wings today....yes, noticeable decrease in wind on the hands in "Closed" and yes, lots of airflow in "Open."
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

+1 on the Grip Puppies!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

YUP, had them on my Venture, started getting hand cramps on my 2013 Goldwing with stock grips, installed Grip Puppies, no more cramps. I like um.
    Steve K
    M61A1MECH
    Doctor Goldwing, has the antidote for the blues
    And the Lord said " Thou shalt have dominion over all the animals, except of course the cat."

What size did you install? Did you trim them? I have long baseball fingers and I do ache holding this narrow throttle for an extended time. I'll try me. I had Kury oversized on my Yammy and it was nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    What size did you install? Did you trim them? I have long baseball fingers and I do ache holding this narrow throttle for an extended time. I'll try me. I had Kury oversized on my Yammy and it was nice.
    Hmmm, don't remember. They were tight to get on, but soaking them with a mixture of soapy water did the trick.

+2 grip puppies! Heaters work thru them..been using them since day 1.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

I found some for $10 for the large which they say are 5" wide. The OEM grips are just short of 5.5" for the rubber. Thanks for the idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Steve K
    M61A1MECH
    Doctor Goldwing, has the antidote for the blues
    And the Lord said " Thou shalt have dominion over all the animals, except of course the cat."

I don't see 5.5" on Amazon. Only 5". Do you happen to have a model number?
    Ride to work, work to ride
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]