lets talk bar (ends) meister...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lets talk bar (ends) meister...

lets talk bar (ends) meister...

I was <that close> to the Brakeaway throttle lock but finally decided that for me the throttlemeister was the better choice (cleaner look, lingering doubt about tolerances with heated grips non-rational gut appeal) .

The "heavy" set is almost 1/2" longer(nice- for even easier tightening) and 2oz. heavier. I cant imagine that those 2oz per side would make a difference...bit I can't imagine why they would make 2 sizes if there is no difference. So other than really close lane splitting () is there any preference or functional difference?? why did you choose what you did...if you are like me MORE is always better...so you got the heavy!! (lol)

I've owned a Throttlemeister and a Brakeaway. I got rid of the Meister after 1 month of use and have owned 2 different Brakeaway's since. I hope you like your Meister. Some riders do; some don't. It is what it is.
    To answer your question, I had the smaller Meister bar ends and they were just fine. If you had a lighter crotch rocket and wanted more stability in the bars without affecting your low speed turning, then you might want the bigger ends. If your bike and bars are already heavy and stable, i don't know why you'd want the heavier bar ends. The F6B is already the most stable bike I have ever driven.

John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post

Never seen a Throttlemeister?

Here you go:

Attachment 14461

Attachment 14462

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    I've owned a Throttlemeister and a Brakeaway. I got rid of the Meister after 1 month of use and have owned 2 different Brakeaway's since. I hope you like your Meister. Some riders do; some don't. It is what it is.
    To answer your question, I had the smaller Meister bar ends and they were just fine. If you had a lighter crotch rocket and wanted more stability in the bars without affecting your low speed turning, then you might want the bigger ends. If your bike and bars are already heavy and stable, i don't know why you'd want the heavier bar ends. The F6B is already the most stable bike I have ever driven.
    hmmmmmm [in Kung Fu master voice] ahhhh glasshoppa if path not clear do not continue...
    [in my voice] ahhhh sh*t OK ...sit on it a while... I don't have to get it TODAY

If you're still on the fence with the Brakeaway, I will give you my $.02, having owned both.
    I'm sure others will add their contrary opinions.
    IMHO, the Meister can't hold a candle to the Brakeaway, especially for safety of operation.
    Unless you have small hands and fingers and don't wear gloves, the Meister is a PITA.
    I've got large hands and fingers, always wear riding gloves, and I could never get that Meister to work seamlessly and easily.
    Many have the Brakeaway mounted with the Honda heated grips. You should have no problem.

BTW, if you want chrome bar ends along with a Brakeaway, no problem. I have the Honda accessory chrome bar ends; really nice. Rivco also makes nice ones as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    If you're still on the fence with the Brakeaway, I will give you my $.02, having owned both.
    I'm sure others will add their contrary opinions.
    IMHO, the Meister can't hold a candle to the Brakeaway, especially for safety of operation.
    Unless you have small hands and fingers and don't wear gloves, the Meister is a PITA.
    I've got large hands and fingers, always wear riding gloves, and I could never get that Meister to work seamlessly and easily.
    Many have the Brakeaway mounted with the Honda heated grips. You should have no problem.

I use the "other" friction style throttle lock, the Kaoko.
    After installing it and a few tweaks to get it just right, it doesn't get moved.
    Just like the "Ronco Rotisserie," set it and forget it.

My observation is that no one here has gotten rid of a Brakeaway in favor of a friction lock but that several have gone from a TM or Kaoke to a brakeaway? Does this seem accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    My observation is that no one here has gotten rid of a Brakeaway in favor of a friction lock but that several have gone from a TM or Kaoke to a brakeaway? Does this seem accurate?
    I'd say that's accurate. Here's my observation...even more of us would have already converted to the BrakeAway except for cost, more involved installation, the question of compatibility with heated grips, and because it doesn't come in black. In spite of these issues, I'm still thinking of going this direction. Who's offering the best deal on these? Anyone know?
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    I'd say that's accurate. Here's my observation...even more of us would have already converted to the BrakeAway except for cost, more involved installation, the question of compatibility with heated grips, and because it doesn't come in black. In spite of these issues, I'm still thinking of going this direction. Who's offering the best deal on these? Anyone know?
    interestingly, a full-on throttlemeister costs about $4.00 less! I found a site sponsor for 184- free ship. (wingstuff) Would he offer a slight discount for forum members or a promise of a few purchases at once?