Grip Puppies - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Grip Puppies

+1 to the thread, these have made riding a whole lot easier/better. I do seem to have the one on the throttle side try to slide back off every so often. Maybe I'll try the hairspray trick to keep it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaver View Post
    I had to use straight liquid soap. Only on the inside, otherwise it is to slippery on your hand. Push real hard working it in a twisting motion, it will go on hard.
    Then I rinsed the grip with the hose squeezing it to remove the access soap. Let it dry for a while. Did mine over 11000 miles ago and they still look and work good.
    This did the trick. Thank you. These puppies are great.

It oughta be a crime to have this much fun on a motorcycle.

I installed mine today, as I have on my last few bikes. They definitely make for a more comfortable grip with the increased diameter. I trimmed about 1/2 inch off the throttle side of the 5.5" covers. I use a Go Cruise throttle lock and have found that it works better on the stock grip rather than on the spongy cover. It holds without slipping.

I got the Shinhopples in as well as the 5" set. I installed the Shinhopples and they are a booger bear to install, but the soapy water trick does work. Just have to be slow and methodical. They look good, feel good but this stupid Houston weather will not let me ride. Tomorrow looks promising.

I have the extra pair and if anyone wants them I can send them to you for $12.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

They do work. A cheap but very efficient mod. Did 160 miles today and my hands were much more comfortable. Thanks trailblazers for the idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

How do the heated grips work with Grip Puppies ?

Does the heat come through ?

Does the heat loosen the covers ?

Any other issues ?

TIA

Got a set today from Shinhopples. Nice difference, cheap, easy to put on. Totally solved my hand-cramp issue!

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    How do the heated grips work with Grip Puppies ?

Does the heat come through ?

Does the heat loos en the covers ?

Any other issues ?

TIA
    They work great with heated grips. The heat has not had any effect. They do allow for full warmth to come through. I have had mine on over two years. They are great and I have had no issues. Like previously mentioned, a little trimming on the throttle side and the Go Cruise throttle lock fits perfectly and is gently cradled by the Grip Puppies as it is attached to the original smaller grip.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A question . . .

I rode today with Grip Puppies for the first time since installing them. How nice they are! No more sore wrists and hand cramps.

I'd welcome help with a question, from the less aptitude-challenged: The puppy for the throttle grip was hardest to get on, and I think all my pushing, pulling and especially twisting has loosened the grip so it now has more wobble than I like. How can it be tightened up?

This is a great thread. It has provided a cheap and easy fix for aching hands. Thanks, all.

It oughta be a crime to have this much fun on a motorcycle.

grip puppies

Will the grip puppies go over the kakao throttle lovk ?