Grip Puppies - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Grip Puppies

Mine came today and I can't wait to try them out.

Quote Originally Posted by M61A1MECH View Post
    Another for the link.

Grip Puppies

Made the 200 mile memorial ride. The puppies really made a difference. Thanks SRT8. I've gotten a lot of good ideas from posts on here.

Don't thank me... thank Hoglaw and the other folks who recommended them. This is my first pair of Puppies

I just installed mine.
    I sprayed the grips and the inside of the "puppies" with Windex as I have in the past on other motorcycles.
    It takes a little effort,but in my experiences,not as much as the soap method.
    I will let them sit for 24 hours and be good to go.

Bump. Ordered the Shinhopples. Can't wait.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

Puppies on, rider happy!

I used soapy water; they went on easier than I thought they would. However, like Hiflyer aludeded to, I find myself wearing gloves less often. When these wear out, I may forego another pair and just start using gloves on every ride again.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Puppies on, rider happy!

I used soapy water; they went on easier than I thought they would. However, like Hiflyer aludeded to, I find myself wearing gloves less often. When these wear out, I may forego another pair and just start using gloves on every ride again.
    I used Grip Puppies on my Venture, when the first pair wore out and I took them off, they left a sticky substance on the factory grips that I could not remove. Now the Venture factory grips were not hard rubber like on the GL, more like the sponge rubber of the Grip Puppies , so maybe the GL grips will clean up, good thing I liked the Grip Puppies , so just kept replacing them when ever needed.
    Steve K
    M61A1MECH
    Doctor Goldwing, has the antidote for the blues
    And the Lord said " Thou shalt have dominion over all the animals, except of course the cat."

Had a set of Grip Puppies on mine for the last two weeks and love the feel. Great product.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Durability

One of the first mods to my 6 was to install Grip Puppies! A simple and effective mod which increased the diameter over stock grips at a bargain price. With 33K miles on my 6, I'm on my second pair. Be it hand oils or UV light, the foam begins to deteriorate every 12/14 months. I'm still impressed with their comfort and have no less than 4 pairs for spares. I keep a pair in the left cubby. I also keep a spritzer bottle with a 50/50% water/ammonia mix for cleaning my wind shield. This mix works great as a lubricant for installing the Puppies