so.....is the paint better on 2015 models ?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: so.....is the paint better on 2015 models ?

so.....is the paint better on 2015 models ?

I have seen at least 4 or 5, or maybe more, new 2015 F6Bs joining the Forum in last few weeks...... I am wondering if the quality of the paint quality on the new blue and grey 2015 is any better than previous models in 2013 and 2014 ?

Have searched forum for comments by the new 2015 owners about the paint, but without any real defining remarks....good or bad...

I...and I assume, many others on the forum, would like to hear opinions, comments and advice from new 2015 F6B owners...as to the quality of the paint on their new bikes..

So....new 2015 F6B owners....please post any positive or negative details about the paint on your new bikes....thanks much

Shaker

I have a blue 2015. I paid close attention to the blue 2014 Valkyrie that had been sitting on the showroom floor for many months at my local dealer. Supposedly it has the same exact paint as the blue 2015 F6B. The Valkyrie paint looked great after many months of showroom abuse. My F6B's paint does have some fine scratches. I do have to look pretty closely to see them and I have not yet applied the liquid glass that I purchased a few weeks ago. I suspect that I'll be completely satisfied once I apply a few coats of Liquid Glass.

While the paint still seems somewhat soft, the blue actually has a clear coat unlike the red and black. I think it is going to be much easier to buff out any fine scratches and keep the paint looking nice. It's too early to say for certain, but I think most people will be satisfied with the paint quality.
    blue 2015 F6B Deluxe - sold
    2022 Yamaha Ténéré 700 - coming soon

40th anniversary edition...

Anyone buy the this new 2015 color scheme yet?

I want one because it is different than the other year color choices.

I'd still like to know what, exactly, was wrong with paint on the 2013 and 2014 models. Mine is perfect.

Paint 2015

I have the flat gray f6b so far no problem .
    Honda doesn't sell anything for this paint,even the sales men told me to go to the Harley shop.
    They sell a detailer for flat paint so that's what I use.
    From what I've been told you don't wax this paint.

The paint seems very hard you can't see finger prints at all or dust.

Quote Originally Posted by RSMIKE View Post
    I have the flat gray f6b so far no problem .
    Honda doesn't sell anything for this paint,even the sales men told me to go to the Harley shop.
    They sell a detailer for flat paint so that's what I use.
    From what I've been told you don't wax this paint.

The paint seems very hard you can't see finger prints at all or dust.
    i had a matte black 2009 electra glide
    i loved the ease of care for that paint,I used adams quick detailer on it for 5 loving years...when i sold it to get my f6b i only lost about 3 k..
    enjoy that paint

Honda wash, polish and cleaner products

Honda does, in fact, make specific products for cleaning and polishing Goldwing plastic parts...I have bought and used them in the past...and am currently using Honda Spray Cleaner and Polish on my F6B, which I buy at local dealer....P/N 08732-SCP00 - which comes in a 12 oz aerosol can for about 6.00 plua tax...

Honda reps have recommended the use of Honda Glare Ultra Wash (P/N 08732-GLR-002) for all GL1800s....then followed up with Honda Glare Professional Polish (P/N 08731-GLR-001 ), and these two products have worked fine on plastic painted parts on Goldwings in the past....

Both these products are for sale on amazon.com and other sites....I got them from Rocky Mountain ATV site in Salt Lake City, Utah area because they were less $ and got to me quicker

I have not used the last 2 mentioned Honda products on my F6B yet, but I have used the good old standby...Spray Cleaner and Polish, which has been around for years...and it seems to be working okay...

I do plan to use the Ultra Wash and the Professional Polish on my F6B this year....

there is also another product offered by Honda...called Hondagloss Liquid Polish and Sealant ( P/N 08C25-A081S )....BUT... the directions say it is not for use on Matte Surface paints, so I will use the Ultra Wash as step one and follow up with Professional Polish.. maybe once every 6 months...

The Spray Cleaner and Polish (in aersol can) is used about once a month in the riding season, when I clean up the bike after a long 6 or 7 day ride....

This Honda stuff kept a pretty good shine and polish on the old Goldwing, but, then again it wasn't Black and had much better quality paint to start with than my F6B....IMO

Just hope these products will work on my black F6B.....classified for results

I am lovin this matte gray paint.. It just looks awsome

After many cleanings, I have not discovered any swirl marks in the paint at all and seems to resist finger print marks. at least hides em very well.

The paint is easy to clean. I've been using H2O and car wash soap, applied with a soft fine porous sponge, its a wax sponge applicator from one of my car wax kits, then towel dried. I have been looking for motorcycle wash soap, but have not located any as of yet.

Also I use Pledge with the no wax formula, been working just fine, I make sure to wipe off all residue. Works great on the windscreen.

Pledge works on almost any finish...Been using it on my Rune for years...
    Chrome is like cleavage, You can never have too much...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Flat paint

All I can tell yea is what the dealer told me and what I read on line about flat or satin paint finishes. Just google it more info. then you want.

No wax on satin paint