help finding fork protector sleeves ?

Thread: help finding fork protector sleeves ?

help finding fork protector sleeves ?

I recently saw a GL1800 with an acccessory upper fork protectors. They were made of thin, neoprene- like stretch fabric...with velcro closure straps...to wrap around fork tubes (above the fork seals) to keep fork tubes free of bug guts, dirt, grime, etc....

They did not have an obvious brand name, which is pretty amazing these days, and... the owner said they were a gift to him and didn't know who carried them....Can anyone help me out here?

Not a lot to go on, but he said they sure kept road crap off forks above the seals, which means longer fork seal life in my book...looked to be about 8 inches tall....Thanks for the help....

Shaker

The site is nojgear.com. No ordinary journey. Great folks. I bought some and wanted the plain black and they sent ones w/ the noj logo on it. I emailed, told them what happened and told me they would send the right ones out on Monday. They said to keep the other ones as a backup. So I put them on the wifes Sportster.

I got mine yesterday from the same source...Black with the logo style...Plan to put them on in the next couple days....I hope they work and they should...No big deal for $16.....

Got mine and installed...should do the job..no reason they would not...FYI...miniature grip puppies....( cut to fit )
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

thanks for the advice and site name....

junkyard dog, Steve and opas ride....thanks for the fork sleeves help....much appreciated

About how long (tall) are these covers ? how many inches of the fork tube (above the top of the fork seal) do they cover up ?....
    And.... do you wrap the lower end around the fork seal.. or... can you put it on the fork tube, loosely, and let it slide on fork tube?

I need something to cover area above the Honda plastic fork protectors...get lots of bugs on the fork tubes ...just under the bottom fairing edge..and above the top of the black plastic fork protectors....

Shaker

You wrap the bottom of the protector tightly around the bottom of the fork. The top needs to stay fairly loose on the fork tubes. It sticks up about 2" above the seal. They are 4" in width. It makes the bike even blacker. Hope this helped you.

You wrap the bottom of the protector tightly around the bottom of the fork. The top needs to stay fairly loose on the fork tubes. It sticks up about 2" above the seal. They are 4" in width. It makes the bike even blacker. I suppose you could let it slide up and down on the tube. The plastic shield protects the bottom. Hope this helped you.