Quote Originally Posted by Elin in So. Cal. View Post
You are saying we kill 342 people per day in cars. (Just as an aside, MOST of those are accidental without malice aforehand--unlike the numbers of intentional shootings--just sayin'). But we don't KILL 125K people a year with guns. "Jennifer Longdon was one of at least 750,000 Americans injured by gunshots over the last decade, and she was lucky not to be one of the more than 320,000 killed." So divide 320,000 by ten (a decade) and you have 32,000 killer per year. However my point to the article is that the COSTS for each of these devastating effects to our society is HUGE. (And there were 75,000 INJURED, not killed--in addition to the 32G killed per year.

You and I and everyone else on this forum pays for those costs, for the most part. Courts, jail/prison time, medical expenses and other issues of a financial nature outlined in the article show that gun violence is a huge public fiscal responsiblity. If there were no guns (and therefore no gun violence) the inherent costs would decrease. I'm all for a society where I don't have to pay to incarcerate people for shooting other people.

And before you get on a tangent to say that they'll find another way to kill, I can assure you that it is a hell of a lot easier to avoid a knife fight than a .357.
you were right,you wont change our minds....