Cleveland baby dies in accidental shooting - Page 11
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Cleveland baby dies in accidental shooting

Quote Originally Posted by racer View Post

I can do this all day..
    So can I.
    No accident. Look up the definition of accident. It's an unforeseen event.
    Leaving a loaded handgun lying around with children present begs for a negligent homicide charge.
    If there was a law federal demanding loaded firearms be secured in a home, we wouldn't be talking about this.

I repose the same question.
    Would you feel any differently if it was your child negligently shot to death in a scenario beyond your control?
    Would you demand firearms be secured in a home, or would you just shrug your shoulders, quote your constitutional right to bear arms, and plan a funeral?

Now we can't agree on what an accident is?

Jeez. Where's the unsubscribe button.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    If there was a law federal demanding loaded firearms be secured in a home, we wouldn't be talking about this.
    Sorry but your "LAW" argument holds no water.

There are LAWS on the books that dictate the fact that convicted Felons are not allowed to pocess a fire arm .... but many do
    There are LAWS on the books that dictate the fact that convicted DWI criminals lose their driving privilege by having their license suspended or taken away .... but many continue to drive
    There are LAWS on the books that dictate the fact that CANADIANS pay their share of Taxes .... but many drive south of the border to break the law and avoid their responsibility.

There are LAWS ............

Next time a convicted FELON stops you or your family and places a GUN in your face .... Make sure to WIP out the law book and point out the statute in the section where the LAW says that the individual with the gun pointed at your head is not allowed to have the gun that he is about to pull the trigger on and introduce lead into your LAW filled cranium. Curious to see if he gives a damn about another law.

Bird, how many laws do you break on a regular basis? Or skirt and get away with?

I just broke 2 laws this evening, I was speeding most of the way home without wearing my seat belt . The laws on the book didn't stop me from driving. Yup them laws sure scared me and prevented me from absolutely nothing just saying .... more laws is NOT the answer. People will do whatever they want wether it is legal or not. Why not propose that government place cameras in our homes to see if we are being good boys and girls?

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post

Next time a convicted FELON stops you or your family and places a GUN in your face ...

I have never heard of this happening to anyone I know.
    I have never heard of anyone I know being car jacked, robbed, or assaulted.
    I have never had a house I owned broken into, and never had a car broken into. I also don't know of anyone personally who had their house broken into.
    We don't worry about shit like that. Obviously some common sense is needed. One wouldn't be out on foot at 4 am wandering around in the run down areas of the city.
    Almost all our crime is violence between street gangs or drug deal beefs.

It seems you are all so paranoid about the "what ifs". I'm sad to hear that the possibility of being a violent crime victim is such an omnipresent perceived threat.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    I have never heard of this happening to anyone I know.
    I have never heard of anyone I know being car jacked, robbed, or assaulted.
    I have never had a house I owned broken into, and never had a car broken into. I also don't know of anyone personally who had their house broken into.
    We don't worry about shit like that. Obviously some common sense is needed. One wouldn't be out on foot at 4 am wandering around in the run down areas of the city.
    Almost all our crime is violence between street gangs or drug deal beefs.

It seems you are all so paranoid about the "what ifs". I'm sad to hear that the possibility of being a violent crime victim is such an omnipresent perceived threat.

You missed my point completely ....

You proposed placing ANOTHER Federal LAW on the books that would not necessarily change anything other then take away a little more of our freedoms. Your new LAW ..... I would interpret it as the government now has to hold our hand on how to store a gun.

We don't need any more LAWS. We need RESPONSIBILITY

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Artiste Extraordinaire Elin in So. Cal.'s Avatar
    Just the facts... draw your own conclusions:

I don't think I'll change any minds, but more facts:
    Thanks to the NRA, no one has measured the true economic cost of gun violence... until now.
    And if you only want the facts in video, here goes:

You see, it isn't about one child being shot in the face, even though that is a shocking event. It is a bigger issue than that. Listen to these people affected by gun violence:
    "If it moves, paint it."

Elin, I have never been one for numbers because they are to easily slanted in whatever direction the writer wants...So we shoot 125K people a year? That 342 a day...thats about the same number of people killed in cars.... are these numbers correct? I am not discounting your research just a little surprised !
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Artiste Extraordinaire Elin in So. Cal.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Elin, I have never been one for numbers because they are to easily slanted in whatever direction the writer wants...So we shoot 125K people a year? That 342 a day...thats about the same number of people killed in cars.... are these numbers correct? I am not discounting your research just a little surprised !
    You are saying we kill 342 people per day in cars. (Just as an aside, MOST of those are accidental without malice aforehand--unlike the numbers of intentional shootings--just sayin'). But we don't KILL 125K people a year with guns. "Jennifer Longdon was one of at least 750,000 Americans injured by gunshots over the last decade, and she was lucky not to be one of the more than 320,000 killed." So divide 320,000 by ten (a decade) and you have 32,000 killer per year. However my point to the article is that the COSTS for each of these devastating effects to our society is HUGE. (And there were 75,000 INJURED, not killed--in addition to the 32G killed per year.

You and I and everyone else on this forum pays for those costs, for the most part. Courts, jail/prison time, medical expenses and other issues of a financial nature outlined in the article show that gun violence is a huge public fiscal responsiblity. If there were no guns (and therefore no gun violence) the inherent costs would decrease. I'm all for a society where I don't have to pay to incarcerate people for shooting other people.

And before you get on a tangent to say that they'll find another way to kill, I can assure you that it is a hell of a lot easier to avoid a knife fight than a .357.
    "If it moves, paint it."

Quote Originally Posted by Elin in So. Cal. View Post
    You are saying we kill 342 people per day in cars. (Just as an aside, MOST of those are accidental without malice aforehand--unlike the numbers of intentional shootings--just sayin'). But we don't KILL 125K people a year with guns. "Jennifer Longdon was one of at least 750,000 Americans injured by gunshots over the last decade, and she was lucky not to be one of the more than 320,000 killed." So divide 320,000 by ten (a decade) and you have 32,000 killer per year. However my point to the article is that the COSTS for each of these devastating effects to our society is HUGE. (And there were 75,000 INJURED, not killed--in addition to the 32G killed per year.

You and I and everyone else on this forum pays for those costs, for the most part. Courts, jail/prison time, medical expenses and other issues of a financial nature outlined in the article show that gun violence is a huge public fiscal responsiblity. If there were no guns (and therefore no gun violence) the inherent costs would decrease. I'm all for a society where I don't have to pay to incarcerate people for shooting other people.

And before you get on a tangent to say that they'll find another way to kill, I can assure you that it is a hell of a lot easier to avoid a knife fight than a .357.
    you were right,you wont change our minds....

Cool

I would rather be in a gun fight...if you are in a knife fight with a gunman and there is less than 20' between you ...the knife will win !
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com