Cleveland baby dies in accidental shooting - Page 12
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Cleveland baby dies in accidental shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I would rather be in a gun fight...if you are in a knife fight with a gunman and there is less than 20' between you ...the knife will win !
    Uhh...unless your knife throwing skills are of Steven Segal's Hollywood caliber, I'm betting on the gun at anything greater than 5'.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Uhh...unless your knife throwing skills are of Steven Segal's Hollywood caliber, I'm betting on the gun at anything greater than 5'.
    I was waiting on the first victim...you are it!!! Try it for your self ...put 20 or less between you, ( gun in holster ) and person with a stick.. before you bet the farm, try it once, a thousand times...the stick will win EVERY time !!! Don't ask me how I know ( it was a fruit knife with a 6" blade)
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I was waiting on the first victim...you are it!!! Try it for your self ...put 20 or less between you, ( gun in holster ) and person with a stick.. before you bet the farm, try it once, a thousand times...the stick will win EVERY time !!! Don't ask me how I know ( it was a fruit knife with a 6" blade)
    I shall defer to your experience, as most of my experience is not urban nor of civilian nature.

Many variables though as I would not have to abide by police protocol:
    - What led up to this? Am I already "on guard" or is this guy just looking at my uniform, happens to have a stick (or she happens to have a fruit knife) and decides to play?
    - If I see a guy with a stick approaching me, gun will not be in holster.
    - If any guy is running at me inside 50', hand is already on gun, safety is off.
    - Are we stationary, or am I moving, ducking, covering?
    - Is he running straight at me?
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce

Go to Defcon 5...same scenario ... 20" knife and a gun...knife wins every time !!!

P.S. Safety's are for sissys
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Go to Defcon 5...same scenario ... 20" knife and a gun...knife wins every time !!!
    So...you would draw your baton instead of a lead dispenser and do this manually?

(Concur about safeties...Glock!)
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce

Those crazy canucks.

https://youtu.be/WWBDGkwRvnY

The child in the cart shouldn't have been in that position. Irresponsible parent.

Curious to the polling, if that nut had run the cart over would a handgun have a POSITIVE effect on ending this situation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Those crazy canucks.

The child in the cart shouldn't have been in that position. Irresponsible parent.

Curious to the polling, if that nut had run the cart over would a handgun have a POSITIVE effect on ending this situation.
    Perhaps a baton/umbrella/stick delivered sharply and with purpose to the rider's helmet, shoulder or wheels...
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce

Elin, you do realize that every death by gun is classified a homicide? When a police officer shoots a person and kills them that is a homicide. When you break into my home and I shoot you that is a homicide. Then conveniently the terminology becomes murder so the weak mind troll believes that there were 33,000 murders when that is not a fact. Of course there are zero shreds of paper to justify the monetary numbers spouted. The court costs are there for all crimes. Whether there were no homicides or not the costs are still there. That's some pretty weak pap in those videos. Anyone ever figure the costs on an accidental drowning.....the police costs to investigate that drowning, the costs of the courts to investigate the parents, and on and on? There is no positive outcome for someone owning their own backyard pool, but we still allow many times the number of accidental gun deaths to backyard or recreational accidental drownings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

There is nothing positive that comes from a police pursuit ...nothing... let them go and go get a doughnut !!!

Elin, I have never been one for numbers because they are to easily slanted in whatever direction the writer wants...So we shoot 125K people a year? That 342 a day...thats about the same number of people killed in cars.... are these numbers correct? I am not discounting your research just a little surprised !

Surprised of what ? Did anybody ever differentiated causes of these comparisons ? Car accidents in most cases comes as an effect of stupidity and luck of education . Killings by guns comes thru mental illnesses, will of revenge , sense of perpetrator's "superiority" over the victim or any target . Discharge of gun in any circumstances is much more harmful to the choosen subject and as a more effective tool , always guaranteeing mortal wound . It's deliberate act , not adequately compared to the car accidents , or swimming pool drownings .

Defending rightful privileges to possess fire arms is more symbolic , than practical empowerment against violators ; gives the only false sense of survival in hypothetically created situation . Usually the victim doesn't have chances to reach for his ( her ) gun . In those statistics , we can count only few examples , where such a law of "rights to defend yourself" gives the victim equal chances to withstand violator .
    It can be only seen in western movies , where two cowboys approaching each other , will move gun faster for ultimate result . Yes - Hollywood contribute to the growing violence . Most movies are overfilled with brutality , which affects societies' mind , create paranoid sense of being afraid of anything. This process is killing true values and human properties of morality . Sure - Constitution also gives them "rights" to produce it . Everything can be stupid , but firstly must be "legal" . This vicious circle has been widened to unreal scenarios , which are colliding with our normal existence and destroys social behavior .

Reading opinions of those , who are un-welcoming differently presented voices , or statements , in which blind evaluations are providing some not so clever ( and usually unchecked ) comparisons to other countries , are plainly nationalistic . Their limited image of life and selected sense of given them rights , stimulate the only sense of power , because ... "This is America" and if somebody doesn't belong in here , must leave this Forum . This is also chauvinistic and definitely unproductive form of thinking . They are unable to improve or change their mind set . So - let them be . Nobody is taking "their rights' away .

I'm glad , that in late stage of our debate , finally women took the stand . Her more sensitive to the problem suggestions are adding reflections , which must count , as a cleverly provided facts , focusing our attention , which should not be ignored .