Cleveland baby dies in accidental shooting - Page 14
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Cleveland baby dies in accidental shooting

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by GNW View Post
    WTF did that mate say??
    He said gun ownership doesn't help anyone, and your "need" for it is imaginary.

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    Fortunately this thread will disappear , but problems will remain the same . No "proudly" self proclaimed advocates of exclusive superiority ( in always lost battle of illusional fight with devil ) will be able to cure national disease of violence , none of them will have an answer for illegal drugs addiction , cemetaries will gather more mourners crying over prematurely deceased youngsters than all visitors of libraries , museums and art galleries combined together . Some will accept progressive thinking and many shall realize that English language ( which until now is not even official one ) is only common or still popular ( in decline ), who ( beside immigrants ) build America and why ( thanks to them ) is so great ? But many might ask themselves :
    "What ( beside expressing falsely understood , or executed power ) , my given rights to possess firearm did help me or others?" I don't expect any logic answer for that , unless ranters wants to convince others , that guns improve life and provide co-existential tranquility .
    Fred Flintstone is on synthetic Maryjane !

Limoles,
    There are more than a few people trying to figure out what you wrote and what you meant, so I am going to try to hep them understand and provide correction as required.

...Fortunately this thread will disappear...
    Nope. It's on the internet - it will be on the internet forever.

...No "proudly" self proclaimed advocates of exclusive superiority ( in always lost battle of illusional fight with devil ) will be able to cure national disease of violence , none of them will have an answer for illegal drugs addiction , cemetaries will gather more mourners crying over prematurely deceased youngsters than all visitors of libraries , museums and art galleries combined together ...
    So, who does have that ability? If an entity is not respected, it is powerless to make change. So, the people have to decide who will be their savior? As our recent elections have shown and all the cultural bifurcation that has occurred, we, as a Nation, are sharply divided. So, basically no one has the capability to deliver the answer you seek. Is that what you are saying?
    Or? Should those people who are diseased with violence, do illegal drugs, and die too young because of their lawlessness, be forced to visit museums, libraries and art galleries?
    Maybe, just maybe, if they were raised with good morals, respect, social decency, and respect for their fellow man, then they would have patronized the libraries, museums and art galleries of their own accord and learned the ways of peaceful existentialism.

...Some will accept progressive thinking...
    Founded in logic for the global perspective, and specifically tailored for the United States of America on the principles of the Constitution, sure, no sweat - we can get as progressive as you like.

...many shall realize that English language ( which until now is not even official one ) is only common or still popular ( in decline ), ...
    Again, we seem to be not 100% accurate. English, the King's English, is an official language. It is the official language of ALL GLOBAL air traffic. It is also the official language of the United States of America. Yes, it is in decline because people are coming to this country and are not assimilating themselves, but rather wish to change this great country to suit their customs, beliefs and language. Try that in ANY other country and see how long it lasts. What we are seeing is what happens when tolerance and political correctness are misconstrued.

...who ( beside immigrants ) build America and why ( thanks to them ) is so great ? ...
    I'm of Irish descent. I have friends of Euro/African/Asian/South American and even Canadian descent. Yes, America is a melting pot. But there are those who arrive and refuse to accept the conglomeration and want to push their own agenda at others' expense: taxpayer dollars and freedoms. Please review Bill Murray's soliloquy in the movie "Stripes" on how we are all 'mutts.'

...But many might ask themselves :
    "What ( beside expressing falsely understood , or executed power ) , my given rights to possess firearm did help me or others?" ...
    Simply and mono-syllabically: it saved lives.
    Saved my wife & children from an illegal-drug consuming idiot entering my house uninvited.

...I don't expect any logic answer for that , unless ranters wants to convince others , that guns improve life and provide co-existential tranquility ....
    Pity mate - because you got a logical answer based on facts and experience.
    And? I'm not ranting, I'm not trying to convince others. And yes, since that event, and because both my wife and I had the means to defend our home, we are living in "co-existential tranquility" - until the kids come back for a visit, then all bets are off.

I'd like you to ponder this please:
    You seem to think we should all arrive at the Finish Line at the same time.
    I am of the idea that we are all equal at the Starting Line.
    Then, through a progressive series of decisions and actions to which we should be held accountable to ourselves, our society, and our deity, we live our lives and Finish accordingly.
    Cheers.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Enjoy your life Limoles. If you believe you have a better understanding of the Universe, then please, act on your compulsions and make it all better. Otherwise, it's nothing more than an idea in your head... subject to disagreement by others.
    Thank you . I really do enjoy my life . Maybe is not similar to others , but it wasn't my intention either . During our debate I get involved in discussion , which triggered twisted reactions among those , who have different than me observations of life , or see it from different angle . Accusing me of changing their believes , customs and cultivated traditions happened to be a big lie , because I never did it. The worst part of it were sleazy attempts to impoverish my patriotism . Who gave them any bases to think like that is a mystery ? It went beyond simple disagreements . After "support" of few ( + 1s ), they thought , or felt that "representing their believes" is equal to many others , or even this could be a fundamental stone "to save humanity" , which actually is more than fantasy . We ended with no solution to the problem and this is , what I could expect . My voice will not disappear as indicated , but will slowly blend in this unprodictable discussion . The only my mistake was to learn , how consequences of blind obsessions in guns are leading to extreme events , which experiences do not give anybody reasons to be proud of. And that's my only motivations to stay away from firearms , because life matters to me. To those , who got offended by my unintentional sever-ability , I do sincerely apologize . Stay alive .

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1457514

That was a very healthy exchange with no winners an no losers, a good way to exercise those debating muscles. One question though, why is the word mono-syllabic multi-syllable?

Limoles,
    We believe in the same things. We have a common goal. There is a solution.
    Read on....

...Thank you . I really do enjoy my life . Maybe is not similar to others , but it wasn't my intention either...
    On behalf of a multitude of uniformed service members past & present, and the Founding Fathers who penned the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, you are welcome for a country to which you came and now enjoy a good life which is not necessarily similar to others - and that diversity is a GREAT thing.

...Accusing me of changing their believes , customs and cultivated traditions happened to be a big lie , because I never did it...
    No one accused you specifically of doing this. You have adapted and assimilated and while your beliefs do not necessarily reflect mine and perhaps others, there are many immigrants who come here and attempt change for their own cause.

...The worst part of it were sleazy attempts to impoverish my patriotism . Who gave them any bases to think like that is a mystery ? It went beyond simple disagreements...
    I do not believe your patriotism, in any way, shape, or form, was challenged. It is obvious you have done well in this country, and you are a good business and work example for many of those native born Americans. They should follow your example, rather than get sucked into a lawless life and ultimately, as you put it, an untimely death.

...After "support" of few ( + 1s ), they thought , or felt that "representing their believes" is equal to many others , or even this could be a fundamental stone "to save humanity" , which actually is more than fantasy...
    I would really enjoy a practical discussion of this concept. Humanity is in a real tight spot; drugs, gangs, violence in the name of religions, corrupt politicians, etc. I would really enjoy hearing a path forward to clean up this mess.

...We ended with no solution to the problem and this is , what I could expect . My voice will not disappear as indicated , but will slowly blend in this unprodictable discussion...
    Well, not exactly. Perhaps you expected no solution, but I see a definite solution set - for everyone on the planet.
    As humanity further descends into lawlessness and no respect for human life - regardless of the reason - I am (and I believe ALL of us are) faced with 2 options:
    1. Take it upon oneself to be able to defend the family & loved ones and what I have worked for, from those whose disrespectful lawlessness would steal, hurt, or murder.
    2. Choose to NOT be able to defend and just "roll with the tide."
    I choose the former.
    I realize there are many in this country - perhaps such as yourself - who choose the latter, and I will happily let you do that - it's a free country. I am not advocating that you change your ways.
    But, using the same logic, please do not restrict my Constitutionally endowed freedoms and believe I should change mine.

The only my mistake was to learn , how consequences of blind obsessions in guns are leading to extreme events , which experiences do not give anybody reasons to be proud of. And that's my only motivations to stay away from firearms , because life matters to me. To those , who got offended by my unintentional sever-ability , I do sincerely apologize . Stay alive
    No apologies necessary - never apologize for what you believe in. Yes, there are sick people out there who are not mentally stable and will do bad things. Do they have "blind obsessions in guns?" Maybe, but the gun is still only a tool.
    Do I have a "blind obsession with guns?" Nope. They are a tool. Just like fire is a "good servant, but a bad master," any weapon in the wrong hands is bad. There are more than enough laws on the books to keep weapons out of bad people's hands. They are just un-enforceable, again due to our lawless, disrespectful-of-life society we as a nation have fostered.

...Becasue life matters to me....
    That's a beautiful statement.
    "Life matters to me" is what I was thinking, as I drew my weapon from it's holster, raised it up and pointed it at the crack-head trying to enter my house.
    My family's lives matters and I'm defending them with every ounce of energy I have.

Limoles - we have the same root philosophy. We just differ in the implementation of that belief.
    I pray a long life for you and your loved ones and I pray that you never need a weapon and wished that you had one for their defense.
    Stay alive.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    One question though, why is the word mono-syllabic multi-syllable?
    Because things always have to get harder before they get simple and "poly-syllabic" sounds like a denture cream.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Because things always have to get harder before they get simple and "poly-syllabic" sounds like a denture cream.
    It does sound like a denture cream. The other one that bothers me is "void where prohibited" if it's prohibited it's void, no? Before Phantom busts my ass I am not hijacking the thread (Disclaimer)

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Isn't it cool having a spouse who knows weapons?
    Mine is a retired Navy CDR.
    Went to Camp Perry and won.
    +1

Way cool !!!!!

And , as always, Thank you for your service and for helping us serve.