Cleveland baby dies in accidental shooting - Page 2
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Cleveland baby dies in accidental shooting

Exactly right jk. My point is again back at the OP that has this mentality that ALL GUN BAD JANE. I will not sit by as naive people try to instill guilt on me. Again I go back and ask why will nobody take claim for the huge drop in violent crimes in the US. Not a dem, a repub, not a prez, not the NRA............nobody. Gun ownership is at an all time high, violent crime is down. I will not be the fool that equate the two. I am a full time believer that it is 99.9% cultural. Australia has massive restrictions on gun ownership, has that solved their violent crime rate? NO.

And the biggest what if of all time is....if the U.S. were to ban handguns and the manufacture of same that all handguns would go away? You would be fool to say yes. Brazil......large maker of handguns. Austria......large maker of handguns. Italy......large maker of handguns. Russia...same. Would we be idiots to think the U.S. could keep those guns out?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Waste of time.

[QUOTE=stroguy;72224]
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    It would be pretty difficult to ban water sports activities and prescription meds, which both have a positive purpose for society.

Handguns? Positive purpose? I don't think so. /QUOTE]

No positive purpose, really? none....whatsoever? OK.

What if I told you I get just as much fun and freedom and satisfaction from going to the range as I do from water skiing?

We don't have to ban watersports, just personal swimming pools and have mandatory swimming training and life vests supplied to all citizens and no swimming without lifeguards.

Handguns have no positive purpose? Are you sure?

If I go for stroll down to the park and I hear a 300# thug with a knife is raping your daughter would you prefer me to have a phone and standby, a stick or my handgun?
    Stroguy,

You won't convince him, so there is no use in trying. His background, and present, and future, are much different than yours and mine. You and I both live in Spring, so we've likely been at SGA a time or two at the same time. I can tell you that you make good points, but we have simply grown up differently with different expectations. No way you'd get this fellow into SGA or out onto a 1000 yd firing line at Bayou Rifles. He won't read anything from this forum and have an epiphany. Quite the opposite, more likey. (I am married to a woman from Illinois who grew up with a fear of firearms. After 15 years, she is comfortable with a handgun, and shoots trap very respectably.) Keep trying though, I enjoy reading all this stuff and you are well spoken.

By the way, my wife was strolling around our neighborhood in February and found herself looking down the barrel of an XD. The two thugs wanted her headphones and her phone. The deputy dispatched to investigate told her that there was not much they could do to help, so I called some folks I knew at Harris County. The one with the pistol wore a pink hoodie. Pink. He was caught within a couple of hours, and she made a positive id. The gun, two it turned out, as an Airsoft pistol. It looked real. They told her not to think about that since next time it could be the real deal. We are in the process now of getting her proficiency up, a pistol selected, and her CHL. What a gal. This kind of thing is why I feel the need to stack the deck a bit. And do.

Good shooting,

Bill Strange

Quote Originally Posted by racer View Post
    The point is:

There is great responsibilty required in gun ownership.

There is great responsibilty required in pool ownership.

There is great responsibilty required in prescription drug ownership.

There is great responsibilty required in property ownership.

There is great responsibilty required in auto ownership.

There is great responsibilty required in potentially dangerous pet ownership.

There is great responsibilty required in parenting.

There is great responsibilty required in protecting our loved ones and property from those who would harm us.

Sometimes things go awry and accidents happen. We all need to be responsible for supervising our children, securing our dangerous items and keeping our loved ones safe.
    Yes sir. Exactly right. Sober, responsible ownership and management. Really, this is part of the enjoyment in my opinion. Well said.

Thanks Bill. I am in no way trying to change anyone, then I become as bad as the uninformed that use false narratives. It's just as easy for me to walk next door and slaughter my neighbor with my machete than my revolver. If I have no respect for a fellow citizen or a mental instability then the weapon matters not. Taking away guns doesn't change my misuse of drugs, my proclivity to crime or just my desire to hurt someone. If it's in there, it's in there.

I shoot at SGA every Thursday evening in a class. I try to go to ranges at dead times (no pun intended) because there are some careless gun owners and some of them show up at the range. I applaud them for training but they can be a bit unnerving. Shooting at the Spring Gander Mountain is a very safe range. Never made it to Bayou Rifles. My class instructor is a long range shooting nut and builds high performance rifles as his business.

Nice to meet you Bill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

And what the H### does all of this have to do with the F6?

Quote Originally Posted by salane972 View Post
    It's in the Off-topic forum, and it's off-topic.

[QUOTE=jkelley;72229]
    Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post

Dude, you are wasting your time. You cant convince some they are wrong. and you cant make sense out of a tragedy.

I am a shooter like a lot of folks on here, but some are clearly not. I do believe in the right to own a firearm, but I also believe there is a great responsibility that comes along with it. For a child to die because some asswhipe does not have the common sense to properly store and secure a weapon is totally unacceptable and he should be charged. Further there are a great many that should not have guns either, Just not enough grey matter between their ears. But they do. I enjoy my guns, and believe no one has the correct answers for all situations.
    Accidents happen in almost all aspects of life. Four people have died on motorcycles in our area in the last few weeks. I like having my gun but I believe guns should be kept out of the hands of some. If you have children or grandchildren in the house you have to have some smarts and not everyone does. With that being said there will always still be mistakes if it can happen to a trained LEO it can happen to any one.http://www.ocala.com/article/2015041...ining-accident

These stories don't motivate me to crusade against the freedoms we enjoy, but instead, let's be reminded to instill RESPECT of firearms in our children and to keep them out of reach of those too young to understand.

For the responsible gun owners who are affected by such tragedies, my condolences.

For the low-IQ crowd who can't own responsibly, thank you for your Darwinian contribution. Your award is in the mail.

shooter
    I think we should kill the guy that owned that gun. Stupid sob should be lined up and shot. Then we should ban motorcycles and automobiles. Thousands of people are killed annually by these killing machines. Some of the people on this forum should have to go back to riding a horse to work. Fools. It wasn't the guns fault. Who left a loaded gun out around these kids? Where were the parents? Kid sticks a metal toy in a light socket. You want to ban electric? That s was probably the same parents that let their kids run around the restaurant screaming while I'm trying to eat. Put the blame where it belongs. Bird you have a one track mind. Its like a broken record. Totally predictable and totally wrong.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by salane972 View Post
    11 posts and you're an expert. OTE=Off Topic Experiment. F6B is the topic of the forum. We are Off The Topic. Totally legal.