Cleveland baby dies in accidental shooting - Page 7
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Cleveland baby dies in accidental shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1584 View Post
    Do you not believe that Canada is the finest place in the world? If you don't, you ought to.
    No, Canada is not the finest place in the world to me. I'm not blinded by nationalism.
    I think Australia would be the best place in the world to live, for a variety of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    No, Canada is not the finest place in the world to me. I'm not blinded by nationalism.
    I think Australia would be the best place in the world to live, for a variety of reasons.
    Well, Canada has some of the most beautiful wilderness to be found, great hunting, and many great people. Very independent sorts, and a pleasure to visit with. I don't know much more than that.
    I cannot think of a reason to save my life why Australia would not be a wonderful place to live, raise families and retire. I would love to actually drive/ride from east to west someday. Adventure bike from Sydney to Perth? Just a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1584 View Post
    Well, Canada has some of the most beautiful wilderness to be found, great hunting, and many great people. Very independent sorts, and a pleasure to visit with. I don't know much more than that.
    Physically, Canada is a beautiful yet demanding country.

My discontent with Canada is economic and political.
    So much investment here is foreign (read US), that your gov't influences our national decision making as if we were the 51st state.

You want and need and take our natural resources. Free trade is a joke. Shame on us for signing it, but you held our auto industry as a ransom. Then you pulled out of that commitment anyway.

If I wanted to live in the US, I would.
    I don't hate the US and by far the majority of Canadians do not hate the US. But remember, hate is a very strong word.

My feeling is that until world peace is achieved, likely not in my in my children's and maybe grandchildren's lifetime, maybe never, the US will continue to be despised by the small group of powerful Muslim extremists. That hatred will no doubt spill over into Canada, as it already has. Your answer is that if the US is so bad, why do so many third world citizens wish to emigrate to the US and why do so many illegals sneak into the US. The answer is because their situation is far worse. To them, the US is still the land of milk and honey.

I fear it's going to get a lot worse. Extremists never sleep until their goal is achieved or they are annihilated. There are so many unaccounted for ex-Soviet nuclear and chemical weapons out there in who knows whose hands that sooner or later some real unimaginable shit will hit the fan. I don't want to be part of that.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    You guys have a culture and society very different from the rest of the world.
    You keep telling me that the USA is the greatest country in the world.
    Then you tell me that you must carry guns for two reasons:
    because you can and because you have the need to protect yourself from the omnipresent threat of criminal attack.

This sounds oxymoronic to me.
    our lives are a balance between risk and reward.

we also carry auto insurance to protect us from omnipresent threat of property damage.

we also carry auto insurance to protect us from omnipresent threat of the uninsured.

we also carry medical insurance to protect us from omnipresent threat of illness.

we also carry dental insurance to protect us from omnipresent threat of tooth decay.

we also wear seatbelts to protect us from omnipresent threat of injury.

we also wear helmets to protect us from omnipresent threat of injury.

some keep fire estinguishers to protect us from omnipresent threat of fire.

most keep smoke detectors to protect us from omnipresent threat of fire.

we could do this all day. Does that mean we live in constant fear of all the above? Nope. Well, maybe you do.

So some carry weapons, keep them in their homes to protect us from omnipresent threat of crime, so WE DON'T HAVE TO FEAR IT.

protect yourself... or don't.

Quote Originally Posted by racer View Post
    our lives are a balance between risk and reward.

we also carry auto insurance to protect us from omnipresent threat of property damage.

we also carry auto insurance to protect us from omnipresent threat of the uninsured.

we also carry medical insurance to protect us from omnipresent threat of illness.

we also carry dental insurance to protect us from omnipresent threat of tooth decay.

we also wear seatbelts to protect us from omnipresent threat of injury.

we also wear helmets to protect us from omnipresent threat of injury.

some keep fire estinguishers to protect us from omnipresent threat of fire.

most keep smoke detectors to protect us from omnipresent threat of fire.

we could do this all day. Does that mean we live in constant fear of all the above? Nope. Well, maybe you do.

So some carry weapons, keep them in their homes to protect us from omnipresent threat of crime, so WE DON'T HAVE TO FEAR IT.

protect yourself... or don't.

I fully understand all that.
    But when I read about 3 year olds shooting 1 year olds, I ask myself why you let it continue to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    I can't believe you went there.
    Here, there and everywhere I just figured I'd cause a diversion, or a comedic intermission, in between the bullets flying. No one likes a spirited debate more than me. It's intelligent, respectful disagreement, instead of shit slinging, that sets this forum apart from any other, except when Phantom does that crypto-reverso stuff with my pictures, then its just pure hate. I just think he doesnt like Italians. "Release the hounds"

I've found BEST PRIVILEGE to ... express everything :

"Nemo tenetur se ipsum accusare ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    "Nemo tenetur se ipsum accusare ..."
    We have the right to remain silent, but some of us just like to bitch about stuff. You know the deal. Down deep we all love each other. It's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by GNW View Post
    We have the right to remain silent, but some of us just like to bitch about stuff. You know the deal. Down deep we all love each other. It's all good.
    Beautiful quote . That's right . Without love we couldn't exist . Protect our children !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    Beautiful quote . That's right . Without love we couldn't exist . Protect our children !!!
    See, that's why I keep my shoot'em up close by. Got to protect my kids if and when the crazies show up that this whole world has produced.