Cleveland baby dies in accidental shooting - Page 8
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Cleveland baby dies in accidental shooting

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Here, there and everywhere I just figured I'd cause a diversion, or a comedic intermission, in between the bullets flying. No one likes a spirited debate more than me. It's intelligent, respectful disagreement, instead of shit slinging, that sets this forum apart from any other, except when Phantom does that crypto-reverso stuff with my pictures, then its just pure hate. I just think he doesnt like Italians. "Release the hounds"
    Shakespeare's Julius Caesar:

"Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
    That this foul deed shall smell above the earth"

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    I fully understand all that.
    But when I read about 3 year olds shooting 1 year olds, I ask myself why you let it continue to happen.
    Tough concept to grasp evidently... it happens the same way children die in car crashes and swimming pools and falling down stairs.

Accidents. Typically due to lapses in supervision.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by racer View Post
    Tough concept to grasp evidently... it happens the same way children die in car crashes and swimming pools and falling down stairs.

Ding Ding Ding. We have a winner. I don't think accidents happen in Canada. They are pretty much perfect up there. Racer , bird can't grasp the 'accident' concept. Probably with the censorship on their news they don't hear about it.

Quote Originally Posted by racer View Post

Sorry, but again you guys compare a handgun death to being just one of life's excusable tragedies..
    You cannot compare a 3 year old shooting a 1 year old to a car crash, drowning, or falling down stairs.
    There is no place in a home for a handgun that isn't locked up and empty of ammunition.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Ding Ding Ding. We have a winner. I don't think accidents happen in Canada. They are pretty much perfect up there. Racer , bird can't grasp the 'accident' concept. Probably with the censorship on their news they don't hear about it.
    And a handgun death is not an accident.
    An accident is an unforeseen non-preventable event.
    Being hit by a block of frozen blue toilet water falling from an aircraft is an accident. Being struck by a bolt of lightning is an accident. A toddler picking up and discharging a handgun is no accident. It's entirely foreseeable and preventable.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    And a handgun death is not an accident.
    An accident is an unforeseen non-preventable event.
    Being hit by a block of frozen blue toilet water falling from an aircraft is an accident. Being struck by a bolt of lightning is an accident. A toddler picking up and discharging a handgun is no accident. It's entirely foreseeable and preventable.
    How you figure? A block of frozen blue toilet water falling from an aircraft is an accident?
    Responsible gun folk would not have let that happen. Hello ! I think you are getting into shit happens Mr. Bird.

Quote Originally Posted by GNW View Post
    How you figure? A block of frozen blue toilet water falling from an aircraft is an accident?
    Responsible gun folk would not have let that happen. Hello ! I think you are getting into shit happens Mr. Bird.
    A 3 year old shooting a 1 year old is not shit happens.
    It's your gun laws, or lack thereof.

We seem to be at an impass... next topic?

Just glad I live in a country that says you are free and responsible enough to own, keep and bear firearms. Sad a few morons have to dik it up for the rest of us. If we take away guns those morons will still exist. Guess we should hide the road flares and the razor edged frisbee's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

That's the part that gets me... America has been put on a track of LOWERING the BAR for all the morons who can't figure shlt out... and it sure is getting old having the less capable set the standard.