higher foot pegs on Valk?

Thread: higher foot pegs on Valk?

higher foot pegs on Valk?

I keep seeing and reading that the footpegs on the new Valkyrie are higher than those on the 6. Is that because of the bigger front wheel or is there a different mounting point. Looking at parts fiche it seems that all the parts are the same. I'd be willing to give up some leg room for some more ground clearance. Images don't clear it up for me and none of my local dealers have both bikes in stock to take a close look. ????

Valk foot pegs and front wheel

Quote Originally Posted by sabre85 View Post
    I keep seeing and reading that the footpegs on the new Valkyrie are higher than those on the 6. Is that because of the bigger front wheel or is there a different mounting point. Looking at parts fiche it seems that all the parts are the same. I'd be willing to give up some leg room for some more ground clearance. Images don't clear it up for me and none of my local dealers have both bikes in stock to take a close look. ????
    You may be onto something with the larger diameter front wheel. I have also read about the different foot peg position and sat on the Valk at my local dealership. Feels great to me, but I am not sure I can forego the fairing and the bags on my F6B. Perhaps buy a second flat six bike just for quickie trips to the wine country? There are some great deals on '14 models out there. I also noticed that the paint seems to be less prone to scratches at least in the showroom...

Are there any new Valk owners out there in our group that can comment on the riding position? I.e., the bars seem lower with more pull back as well as the higher foot pegs but I have not measured any of this yet. Might be worth a try to drag the Valk out next to my F6B to A-B them side-by-side, unless someone has done this. Of course the real test would be to test drive it after riding the F6B up to the dealership. I think the higher pegs might allow for greater lean angle unless the limiting parts on my bike are actually the belly pan...

Quote Originally Posted by Dfinkelsteinmd View Post
    I think the higher pegs might allow for greater lean angle unless the limiting parts on my bike are actually the belly pan...
    No doubt, raising the foot pegs will allow more lean angle but how will that work with your shifter ? And, of course, other parts can still drag. FWIW...dragging order for my setup is as follows: foot pegs first, followed by belly pan, and then my Rush exhaust. I did switch out the Show Chrome black belly pan for a Macgyver and, by installing that up tight, eliminated the belly pan dragging. So now, only the foot pegs and exhaust drag and the lean angle has to be pretty high to reach the exhaust. Here's a pic:

Attachment 13168
    Ken (Hornblower)

My thought was if it's just a parts swap; pegs, brake and shift levers, I mght consider it. Just lookin at the 6 it seems that the position of the links and such pretty much locks the position as is. I've just not been able to find both bikes in the same place to really give it a look. Just about everything I've read about the Valk mentions the increased ground clearance or different foot peg position.

Dragging bits

Quote Originally Posted by sabre85 View Post
    My thought was if it's just a parts swap; pegs, brake and shift levers, I mght consider it. Just lookin at the 6 it seems that the position of the links and such pretty much locks the position as is. I've just not been able to find both bikes in the same place to really give it a look. Just about everything I've read about the Valk mentions the increased ground clearance or different foot peg position.
    I think you guys have it sorted out, and I guess I lucked out with lifting my shifter up and making it smaller in diameter. The Kury Iso pegs don't drag much and the Cobra 6's just a bit.