Quote Originally Posted by Auldy View Post
Hi All

Like Brasco, I am not a card-carrying member of the F6B owners group. I joined the group to gain a greater insight into the bike, the owners and overall community

In American terms I am 170lb with a 29" inseam. At 58 years young I am currently on bike number 17 a 2014 Harley Street Glide, being my first Harley.

I did quite a bit of research prior to purchase also taking into account the F6B, however, at the time it was not known if the Australian model would have ABS
and there was no cruise control which unfortunately put it out of the running. My riding is generally two up with the Minister for Finance on the back, at this stage
I am not greatly impressed with the Harley rear suspension for two up riding with gear

I would be interested in Wylbur78 comments in relation to the two bikes having been a previous Street Glide owner.

The last Honda I owned was a 350/4 many years ago. The 2015 F6B has just been released in Sydney so I will be attending a dealership and having a look / see
since they now have cruise.

I am finding this Forum a great source for information and also a great bunch of people
Cheers from Sydney
Auldy (Ken)
Afternoon Auldy,
I bought my 2014 Street Glide Special last July after a lot of contemplating between it, the F6B and the Victory series bikes. I went with the Harley due to the other half not completely liking the looks of the F6B even though she was ok with the engine life span and such. I researched these 3 bikes for almost 3 months before buying the Harley. I just could not convince her at that time, or myself (partly due to wanting an American made or company owned bike) Now I will say there are things I miss about my Harley... Which would mainly be the big nav screen and the blue toothe connectivity from the factory. The Victory was too cheap feeling to me with the controls. There were mixed reviews about the cruise and switches getting water in them, but nothing negative about the ride or comfort of the bikes. I had owned several Harley's over the years so I knew everything was robust on them and with the Rushmore upgrades, I thought it would have fixed the ride comfort (death wobble included) on them as well. After all the research I did the one thing I didn't do was a test ride on all three bikes, if I would have done that there would have never been a question about not buying the F6B. I traded in my Street Glide due to the ride comfort being so crappy. I ride 100 miles a day to and from work and is my main mode of transportation and feeling every nook, cranny and bump in the road along with the jarring of my ass just wore me out. When I rode 2 up and adjusted the suspension for us it rode better, definitely smother out over the bumps but still was not comfortable for us. Riding the 6 is like riding an oversized sport bike down the road and with the weight of the bike it is just so smooth. I can ride over the same bumps and imperfections in the roads as I did with the Harley and its almost like their not even there, now I still feel the really big bumps and such but the harshness is no where near what the Harley was. It doesn't jar my ass and back like the Harley did and the vibration is almost non existent. I'm not even tired or worn out when I get to work or home, I'm wanting to ride it all the time it's so pleasing and comfortable. I don't feel like I'm fighting the bike, I feel like I'm part of the bike instead. I bought the 2015 so I have cruise and that was the main thing that kept me from really pushing my wife to let me buy it over the Harley. If the 2013 or 14 would have had cruise she would not have had a fighting chance. Haha... I really love this bike and I ride the crap out of it , I just hope it last as long as they say they do. If not I'll just go buy another and keep going.

I hope this helps.