Short guys and the F6B - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Short guys and the F6B

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Auldy View Post
    Hi All

Like Brasco, I am not a card-carrying member of the F6B owners group. I joined the group to gain a greater insight into the bike, the owners and overall community

In American terms I am 170lb with a 29" inseam. At 58 years young I am currently on bike number 17 a 2014 Harley Street Glide, being my first Harley.

I did quite a bit of research prior to purchase also taking into account the F6B, however, at the time it was not known if the Australian model would have ABS
    and there was no cruise control which unfortunately put it out of the running. My riding is generally two up with the Minister for Finance on the back, at this stage
    I am not greatly impressed with the Harley rear suspension for two up riding with gear

I would be interested in Wylbur78 comments in relation to the two bikes having been a previous Street Glide owner.

The last Honda I owned was a 350/4 many years ago. The 2015 F6B has just been released in Sydney so I will be attending a dealership and having a look / see
    since they now have cruise.

I am finding this Forum a great source for information and also a great bunch of people
    Cheers from Sydney
    Auldy (Ken)
    Afternoon Auldy,
    I bought my 2014 Street Glide Special last July after a lot of contemplating between it, the F6B and the Victory series bikes. I went with the Harley due to the other half not completely liking the looks of the F6B even though she was ok with the engine life span and such. I researched these 3 bikes for almost 3 months before buying the Harley. I just could not convince her at that time, or myself (partly due to wanting an American made or company owned bike) Now I will say there are things I miss about my Harley... Which would mainly be the big nav screen and the blue toothe connectivity from the factory. The Victory was too cheap feeling to me with the controls. There were mixed reviews about the cruise and switches getting water in them, but nothing negative about the ride or comfort of the bikes. I had owned several Harley's over the years so I knew everything was robust on them and with the Rushmore upgrades, I thought it would have fixed the ride comfort (death wobble included) on them as well. After all the research I did the one thing I didn't do was a test ride on all three bikes, if I would have done that there would have never been a question about not buying the F6B. I traded in my Street Glide due to the ride comfort being so crappy. I ride 100 miles a day to and from work and is my main mode of transportation and feeling every nook, cranny and bump in the road along with the jarring of my ass just wore me out. When I rode 2 up and adjusted the suspension for us it rode better, definitely smother out over the bumps but still was not comfortable for us. Riding the 6 is like riding an oversized sport bike down the road and with the weight of the bike it is just so smooth. I can ride over the same bumps and imperfections in the roads as I did with the Harley and its almost like their not even there, now I still feel the really big bumps and such but the harshness is no where near what the Harley was. It doesn't jar my ass and back like the Harley did and the vibration is almost non existent. I'm not even tired or worn out when I get to work or home, I'm wanting to ride it all the time it's so pleasing and comfortable. I don't feel like I'm fighting the bike, I feel like I'm part of the bike instead. I bought the 2015 so I have cruise and that was the main thing that kept me from really pushing my wife to let me buy it over the Harley. If the 2013 or 14 would have had cruise she would not have had a fighting chance. Haha... I really love this bike and I ride the crap out of it , I just hope it last as long as they say they do. If not I'll just go buy another and keep going.

I hope this helps.

I've started to feel more comfortable on F6b but not 100% satisfied yet. I've just put on 1" Lower Progressive front shocks, Mustang seat and I'm still not able to flat foot. Just other day I was trying to push the bike back and was not able to do it cuz I was on tip toes. I've started to wonder if I shud spend some money and add Lower wing link or Just buy the used goldwing that has reverse and convert it to F6B.

I don't know yet but I'll keep thinking. After many bikes I like the goldwing but I need to figure out the height thing. Either I'll spend some money on F6 to make it suit me or I'm buying Goldwing, chopping of the trunk and lower it.

I wonder if 1" Lower progressive's fit Goldwing. It is F6 specific per product info.

I am 5'3" , 120 lbs and with our short riding season in Canada here I clock almost 10K since July14. Believe in yourself...

PT

I have a 29" inseam and weight is a non-issue as long as you're not obsessed about flat footing and you don't park with your front tire downhill. This is just not a problem on this bike.

It's all about the center of gravity, as others have said. I also own a sub-500 lb Multistrada which has a much higher center of gravity and trust me that bike is much more of a handful to get off the stand and to maneuver at low speeds.

Thanks to Wylbur78 for your comments and info

To Brasco, I also looked at the Thunderbird LT, no Cruise Control and after checking with Triumph Australia,
    the spoked wheels use tubes in the tyres. I dread the thought of trying to remove a wheel to replace a tube
    on a country road on a bike with only a side stand.

I dropped into my local Honda dealer today, the 2015 F6B Australian model is $25,000 AUD plus on road,
    it does however come with Cruise Control and Reverse. Have booked a test ride for a weeks time

Cheers

Auldy

Quote Originally Posted by Auldy View Post
    Thanks to Wylbur78 for your comments and info

To Brasco, I also looked at the Thunderbird LT, no Cruise Control and after checking with Triumph Australia,
    the spoked wheels use tubes in the tyres. I dread the thought of trying to remove a wheel to replace a tube
    on a country road on a bike with only a side stand.

I dropped into my local Honda dealer today, the 2015 F6B Australian model is $25,000 AUD plus on road,
    it does however come with Cruise Control and Reverse. Have booked a test ride for a weeks time

Cheers

Auldy
    Keep us posted on how things go, Auldy. Again, thanks for the great feedback everyone. Jayrock -- I remember riding the Highwood Pass with you last season. I'll be in touch directly!

shorty

I have about a 29" to 30" inseam, and am 5'7" Once moving, it is very easy. I have to tippy toe at lights and can bounce easily between the two sides. It handles well, is very well balanced, and is comfortable to ride. I will say that stopped, it is wide and I have to split wide to stand. Also, it is a heavy bike, so park it such that you can move it and not have to back up a hill to get out of the spot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    I'm not a card-carrying member of the F6B owners group (yet) but part of the Honda family. I've been riding the VTX 1300R for about seven years -- closing in on 35,000 miles. Lots of life left in my '05 X but really looking to move away from the carburetor and into something with fuel injection, ABS and, of course, more power. So here's the deal. I've always thought the F6B may be too big a bike to move up to given its 800+ lbs. weight. I'm 5'7" and 185 lbs. and showroom visits prove that the bike fits me okay. I haven't had the opportunity to road test yet though. Very interested to hear the thoughts of those who may be . . . ahem . . . vertically challenged and own the F6B. Is the F6B a bike a smaller guy can handle okay in most real-world situations? Thanks!
    I am 5 ft 6in and a 27 in inseam and I love this bike. I loved it so much my street glide is out of here.
    I installed mc cruise cruise control on mine because it is a 2013 model.
    To me that was all it was missing, with a bag on the passenger seat and a small one on the rear rack you can go anyplace.

shortleg

Quote Originally Posted by wantone View Post
    I've started to feel more comfortable on F6b but not 100% satisfied yet. I've just put on 1" Lower Progressive front shocks, Mustang seat and I'm still not able to flat foot. Just other day I was trying to push the bike back and was not able to do it cuz I was on tip toes. I've started to wonder if I shud spend some money and add Lower wing link or Just buy the used goldwing that has reverse and convert it to F6B.

I don't know yet but I'll keep thinking. After many bikes I like the goldwing but I need to figure out the height thing. Either I'll spend some money on F6 to make it suit me or I'm buying Goldwing, chopping of the trunk and lower it.

I wonder if 1" Lower progressive's fit Goldwing. It is F6 specific per product info.
    I am 5'9" (barely) 75 yrs old and have a short 29"inseam...With the Mustang seat and a 1/2" higher sole and heel added to my boots by a local shoe shop, I can push my bike backwards on my toes fairly easily and the pattern the bootmaker used is great with a "cleat-like" design that prevents slipping. I can now "flat-foot" at stops for the most part and feel very confident with my F6B in traffic and at stops....Ride safe....