F6B new here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F6B new here.

F6B new here.

Hi Folks,
    As of 3 days ago, I picked up a well sorted out F6B. After about 400+ Harleys of about every type since 1936. I've been riding now for 46 years. A lot of miles alone, and quite a few with like minded people. Motorcycling has been my life. My motorcycle hero's I would read about are now my friends. Unfortunately some of them passed. Buzz Walneck, Allen Sputhe, Eddie Long, Elmer Trett, Mike Roland, Lee Wickstrom, are some of the old names, and of course there are newer ones on the scene...I'll stop there. Maybe some of you are familiar with these guys. I have to say they are mainly HD guys, but I feel they also are into anything on two wheels and would stop to look at a rusted out Bridgestone.

So, a new adventure, new friends and a whole new learning curve. Appx. Two hundred miles so far. Back surgery this Thursday...and then, the open road on..."the Beast" a working title for my F6B until something better sinks in. I've got a few great upgrades from the former owner, who himself put about 3k on this machine. He's a perfectionist and a hot rodder, so I have an immaculate ride. I have a set of HeliBars coming and black Rush pipes. I travel between Minnesota, California, Arizona, Ohio, Florida and visit points in between. Summers about here - I hope y'all make the most of it, and see a few of you on the road, B-kind, watso (1surebet)

Welcome. We have a bunch of us harley converts here. Once you get over the "it's not a harley" mentality, it's a very fun and well designed bike. You can wave to your harley pals as you pass.

Welcome, 1surebet, to a great bunch of motorcycle enthusiasts . Wow, and I thought I had owned a lot of bikes...400+, really? That's got to be some kind of record .
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Spankyrir View Post
    Welcome. We have a bunch of us harley converts here. Once you get over the "it's not a harley" mentality, it's a very fun and well designed bike. You can wave to your harley pals as you pass.
    Thank You Spankyrir,
    I still have a few Fxrt's, which has been my specialty. If you are familiar with the machine, it was quite unpopular in its day, but now has a following and many of those guys contact me for parts. They have a few things in common with the F6B, and I did ride to AZ from MN a couple of Octobers ago with the needle riding at 100 most of the way. Stopped in Surprise to repair fairing lowers, as the were cracking from continuous higher speed. Then on to SF with no problem. I can't knock them, in fact, they too are a blast, just kinda older.
    NO DOUBT HERE! This F6B will clock the miles. I just have to avoid obsticals. I am excited, and will be headed down your way going to Florida, maybe at night because of heat.

Hollar at me if you ride up this way, I have an (as old stories go) an old barn full of motorcycle stuff, a couple chairs, coffee pot, and a radio. What more do you need. I also ride to powwows if any of you are Native or have an interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Welcome, 1surebet, to a great bunch of motorcycle enthusiasts . Wow, and I thought I had owned a lot of bikes...400+, really? That's got to be some kind of record .
    It adds up when that's all you think about from the age of 14. Then at 15 taking the 300 my grandmother was trying to save for college (we were somewhat financially distressed) and buying a 1947, 61inch knucklehead. I know it seems like a lot, but I know for sure 400 is a consevitive number. I currently have around 14 FXR platform bikes and parts to build more and various other types. It has become somewhat an identity, and so now, I'm shrugging off my identity. If I wasn't having surgery this week I'd be gone on this great machine. I know a few guys with over 300 bikes in their barns currently.

Also, I make the Chief Blackhawks antique swap meet in Davenport at end of summer. I would enjoy meeting anyone there, if there is a run there or we could start one.

Thank You for the welcome. I've got to get some stuff done. Enjoy. watso

I had a buddy with an FXRT. Really nice bike, was popular in Calf, with the 1% clubs out there because they were so maneuverable in the hills. There are a few left in the carolinas, but for the most part, one of harleys better bikes, and under appreciated.

Nice to have you aboard, 1surebet. I'm sure you're gonna enjoy your time spent riding The Beast. As I'm also sure you'll enjoy the comraderie and interaction of the great folks here on the forum..

It's obvious you've been doing it right for the past 46 years... you're still here among us.

The next time you find yourself heading down into AZ, give us a shout out. Would enjoy meeting you... lunch is on me.
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

Congrats on your F6B from another former Harley owner. I wouldn't mind having another Harley for around town use, but for the highway I'll take the F6B any day. Power, handling and comfort is far superior to any Harley.

to he board....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com