Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
Congrats on your F6B from another former Harley owner. I wouldn't mind having another Harley for around town use, but for the highway I'll take the F6B any day. Power, handling and comfort is far superior to any Harley.
Yes xKnight, they are completely different and I'm not sure, for certain riders, if the attributes of each bike could satisfy all needs. For instance, I like trying different engine combinations, such as 74" pan head barrels on a 61" knucklehead bottom-end with a lightning (or same spec) cam. That's a 68" and an old racers delight. The different rocker arm ratios throughout the years make for a different exhaust note even on stock motors. The power range on Harleys can be wide from very low 36hp to an easy 140hp or more on the street. Strip is in the hundreds. The V-twin design is what it is, as they say. It like trying to compare an old 283 or 289 to a modular motor. My F6B is long distance. For me that used to be 12-14 hrs a day. Now it's all how I feel, when riding by myself. I have a '86 FXRD (one year only) with internal mods, that is a blast to do long distance, only slower. It's like taking a drive in a '63 split window 327 injected StingRay. For me to buy a Honda is a big thing, not ego wise, but I have a large barn full of equipment, tons of H-D parts from many years. All useless on a Honda - probably won't need them, but I enjoy the creative and competitive aspect of racing someting I designed.

Anyway, I'm happy to be here and need to get back into the garage putting on Honda bolt on's.