F6B new here. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: F6B new here.

from Fla.
    13 F6B Deluxe I've taken the road less traveled, now where the hell am I?
    I don't buy a bike to impress other people, just me !!

from Tampa, Florida.

Join us for the Third Annual Rally in Franklin, NC.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Big Thank You

It was a nice surprise, seeing all of the welcomes and comments for my first day here. In response to invitations, I'm always up for a visit, even for a cup of tea or more. The same goes for those of you traveling, just give me a yell.

I am in southern Florida quite a bit and will be there again soon. Also, hopefully many other spots, including AZL!!!!!and I know it will be hot, but have to make a trip to the northern part of Phoenix and then Cottonwood area. I'll post before departing.
    Thanks again for all the well wishers and for those still posting.
    watso

Welcome aboard! from an "X" FXRT owner! Bought a 1983 Shovelhead FXRT new in Boston.....I was 22 years old. My first new hog. GREAT Bike!!!! Pretty darn collectible now! Ride Safe, Bob

1983 fxrt.jpgbikes (2).jpgShovelhead fxrt.jpg
    "Current Stable"
    2013 F6B - black
    2006 Harley Davidson Screamin' Eagle CVO Ultra
    2009 KLR 650
    2003 Harley Davidson FLSTSI
    2003 Harley Davidson FLSTSI (yup, 2)
    2001 Harley Davidson FXDXT
    2006 Aprilia Scarabeo 500GT
    1981 Hondamatic 400
    1980 Yamaha Exciter 250
    1973 Honda CB360
    2009 Yamaha C3

Welcome aboard SureBet and good luck with your surgery.

Hey Bob in Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by BobinMich View Post
    Welcome aboard! from an "X" FXRT owner! Bought a 1983 Shovelhead FXRT new in Boston.....I was 22 years old. My first new hog. GREAT Bike!!!! Pretty darn collectible now! Ride Safe, Bob

Attachment 13179Attachment 13180Attachment 13181

Now you are tugging at my old heart strings. The first and only Shovel FXRT! That is the only model FXRT I didn't have. I was a glutton for these bikes...and now I see they are becoming popular again. Maybe I can get some of my money back. I have plenty of parts and bikes in various forms of you'd like to have another in your stable.

Michigan is not too far away, so come on down on your F6B. I have to head to Michigan to pick up a 489 big block in a couple weeks, so, no riding the bike. I work at my own time...anytime is a good time to visit.
    watso

Quote Originally Posted by 1surebet View Post
    Now you are tugging at my old heart strings. The first and only Shovel FXRT! That is the only model FXRT I didn't have. I was a glutton for these bikes...and now I see they are becoming popular again. Maybe I can get some of my money back. I have plenty of parts and bikes in various forms of you'd like to have another in your stable.

Michigan is not too far away, so come on down on your F6B. I have to head to Michigan to pick up a 489 big block in a couple weeks, so, no riding the bike. I work at my own time...anytime is a good time to visit.
    watso
    and I have had TWO.....fxrt's.....both 1983 SHOVELS!
    "Current Stable"
    2013 F6B - black
    2006 Harley Davidson Screamin' Eagle CVO Ultra
    2009 KLR 650
    2003 Harley Davidson FLSTSI
    2003 Harley Davidson FLSTSI (yup, 2)
    2001 Harley Davidson FXDXT
    2006 Aprilia Scarabeo 500GT
    1981 Hondamatic 400
    1980 Yamaha Exciter 250
    1973 Honda CB360
    2009 Yamaha C3

Greetings and welcome, from Georgia. Enjoy your new scooter.

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    Congrats on your F6B from another former Harley owner. I wouldn't mind having another Harley for around town use, but for the highway I'll take the F6B any day. Power, handling and comfort is far superior to any Harley.
    Yes xKnight, they are completely different and I'm not sure, for certain riders, if the attributes of each bike could satisfy all needs. For instance, I like trying different engine combinations, such as 74" pan head barrels on a 61" knucklehead bottom-end with a lightning (or same spec) cam. That's a 68" and an old racers delight. The different rocker arm ratios throughout the years make for a different exhaust note even on stock motors. The power range on Harleys can be wide from very low 36hp to an easy 140hp or more on the street. Strip is in the hundreds. The V-twin design is what it is, as they say. It like trying to compare an old 283 or 289 to a modular motor. My F6B is long distance. For me that used to be 12-14 hrs a day. Now it's all how I feel, when riding by myself. I have a '86 FXRD (one year only) with internal mods, that is a blast to do long distance, only slower. It's like taking a drive in a '63 split window 327 injected StingRay. For me to buy a Honda is a big thing, not ego wise, but I have a large barn full of equipment, tons of H-D parts from many years. All useless on a Honda - probably won't need them, but I enjoy the creative and competitive aspect of racing someting I designed.

Anyway, I'm happy to be here and need to get back into the garage putting on Honda bolt on's.