Well I finally found the front end wobble
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Well I finally found the front end wobble

Well I finally found the front end wobble

I was on my way home yesterday and riding in the HOV lane here in Houston and got frustrated being behind someone that was going 60 and passed them at a certain point that was safe to do so. As I was passing them I looked down and noticed I was already up to 90 after kicking it down into 3rd and traveling back up into 5th so I figured what the Hell let's keep going since I had plenty of room and at about 115 or so I felt the whole bike start kinda wobble or wallow down the road so I almost hit the shutoff point and decided to back out of it. Has anyone else noticed this at this speed and what is the cause? Will a Super Brace fix it or is maybe the tire slightly out of balance?

Thanks,
    Wylbur

Quote Originally Posted by wylbur78 View Post
    I was on my way home yesterday and riding in the HOV lane here in Houston and got frustrated being behind someone that was going 60 and passed them at a certain point that was safe to do so. As I was passing them I looked down and noticed I was already up to 90 after kicking it down into 3rd and traveling back up into 5th so I figured what the Hell let's keep going since I had plenty of room and at about 115 or so I felt the whole bike start kinda wobble or wallow down the road so I almost hit the shutoff point and decided to back out of it. Has anyone else noticed this at this speed and what is the cause? Will a Super Brace fix it or is maybe the tire slightly out of balance?

Thanks,
    Wylbur
    Have never felt any wobble at those speeds. Don't spend much time at those speeds, but have had her up to the speed limiter a few times and have never experienced any wobble or unsettling characteristic. The wobble I get and everyone else seems to get is right at about 40 mph.
    (Between 37-42 mph)
    It's really a non issue unless you want to take your hands off the handlebars right at the speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Have never felt any wobble at those speeds. Don't spend much time at those speeds, but have had her up to the speed limiter a few times and have never experienced any wobble or unsettling characteristic. The wobble I get and everyone else seems to get is right at about 40 mph.
    (Between 37-42 mph)
    It's really a non issue unless you want to take your hands off the handlebars right at the speed.
    Wow! Didn't think the F6B had that wobble in her. My two full Wings, '08 & '12 year models both had terrible cases of the dreaded Wing wobble. In 27,000 miles, I have never experienced it on my F6B.

I have yet to hit the limiter on my bike so I cannot comment on high speed handling much over a hundred. At that speed, it was still very stable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Superbrace will definitely reduce that effect.

Mine has made lane changes much more smooth, and no more wiggles on the big sweeping freeway transition ramps either.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    A Superbrace will definitely reduce that effect.

Mine has made lane changes much more smooth, and no more wiggles on the big sweeping freeway transition ramps either.
    Maybe, Bobby. I have had my SuperBrace for over two years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'd check your tire balance. As mentioned, the known wobble is at 40... decelerating... with hands off the handlebars.

Mine is smooth at triple digits.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas TC View Post
    Maybe, Bobby. I have had my SuperBrace for over two years.
    It definitely depends on each bike because I don't have the 40 mph wobble.

You are the first to complain about the high speed wobble.......interesting...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    I've been well past 120 (on a closed course with proper safety gear of course) and it was smooth as butter.......
    The force is strong in this one.....

I've had half a dozen different windshields on mine and have noticed it feel different at high speeds. I'm sure the way the air is pushed over the bike effects handling.