Well I finally found the front end wobble - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Well I finally found the front end wobble

I have heard of the slow speed wobble and never noticed it till yesterday after having the high speed wobble at around the 115 mark and on up. So I'm not so sure but I don't ride at those speeds too much myself, kinda gotten out of it. Maybe it's the Harley rider in me. I ride anywhere from 70 to 80 maybe 85 but I just have no interest in going triple digits anymore. I've been 190 on a bike and 175 in a car on the open road and have learned that just too much can happen too fast at those speeds. I'm definitely more of a laid back cruising type to just take in the scenery as I go by. I will definitely look into the super brace and have my tires checked. Thanks again guys with all the help. I really like this forum everyone is so helpful and seems like everyone wants to try and help the other guy.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    I've had half a dozen different windshields on mine and have noticed it feel different at high speeds. I'm sure the way the air is pushed over the bike effects handling.
    That would make sense Bobby, never thought about that one, because you're right I had a couple different windshields on my Harley and noticed different handling characteristics at higher speeds. Again I don't ride that fast too often so it may not ever bother me again, but I will definitely have the tires checked.

Last month I was on RTE 66 between Kingman, AZ and Seligman, AZ and got up on the speed limiter (125mph) several times with no speed wobble at all.
    '73 Honda XL250
    '02 Honda 1800 VTX C
    '14 Honda F6B Deluxe

Well I sure hope you didn't find some kind of new wobble

Have you used anything like Ride On Tire Sealant/Balancer? I bought some but haven't tried it yet; I think some folks here have had good luck with it.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Well I sure hope you didn't find some kind of new wobble

Have you used anything like Ride On Tire Sealant/Balancer? I bought some but haven't tried it yet; I think some folks here have had good luck with it.
    No I haven't tried anything as of yet. Not completely sure if I will do anything other than the brace for now. Like I said it's smooth as glass all the way up to that speed and I don't plan on going that fast again anytime soon.

I did in fact experience the oh wobbles at about 110, also wondered if the fork brace would help? I also believe I am better off under 100. The road was smooth, 4k miles on the 2013 f6b, no other tire balance problems.

Tire pressure

What are you running your tire pressure at? If your up near 40 psi that probably isn't the cause but if your running down further in pressure that has a lot to do with how a tire operates at higher speeds. My old bike an M109R Suzuki had a wobble when I got up around 120mph but after increasing the pressure in my tires I never had it happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas TC View Post
    Wow! Didn't think the F6B had that wobble in her. My two full Wings, '08 & '12 year models both had terrible cases of the dreaded Wing wobble. In 27,000 miles, I have never experienced it on my F6B.

I have yet to hit the limiter on my bike so I cannot comment on high speed handling much over a hundred. At that speed, it was still very stable.
    If just one hand is on the handlebars, you may not even notice it. You almost have to be looking for it on my bike. It only becomes apparent if you take both hands off the handlebars between 37 and 42 mph approx.

I've had half a dozen different windshields on mine and have noticed it feel different at high speeds. I'm sure the way the air is pushed over the bike effects handling.

I have been in several high speed wobbles...mostly always caused by a change in the way the bike cuts thru the air...with our big fairing not sure a shield could cause this...but maybe...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

speed wobble

I had mine up to 130 mph to-day ,when the speed sensor spoiled my fun. A slow wobble started at around 115 mph. I have the Honda tall windshield and baker hand wings . It feels like there is too much down pressure on the front end.