Well I finally found the front end wobble - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Well I finally found the front end wobble

shooter
    Been north of 120 several times and smooth as butter. Did it with the stock Stones several times and now dark side Michelin Alpin on rear and Metz 888 on front.

wobble?

Have had none so far on the 2015 F6. As was said in previous post by others, windshield height will affect this. Possibly other add-ons too. I road yesterday in southwest Wisconsin, with cross wind gusts to 40mph. That made for a rather exciting ride. Not so fun on the hilltops. I couldn't feel any wobble, while fighting the wind. But, may be something I may try, getting the brace.

shooter
    Bobby you may have something with that windshield thing. I run 13 inch shield which is fairly short. Could be a down pressure thing. Hard to say. I don't do the high speed thing on real windy days and it is that time of year.

Never experienced any type of front end "wobble" at any speeds so far....Although I am not one of those "risky" types that take their hands of the bars just to check. Pretty poor idea to me, as that it what the handlebars are for...to hold on to....JMHO

With mine I noticed the 30-40mph wobble when I took my hands off the bars to flap my arms like a bird.I was feeling pretty good and the ride was just exhilarating ( I DON'T recommend this).
    I mentioned that in a forum and one of the Senior members recommended raising the tire pressure on the front to 40psi.
    That worked the wobble was gone.
    I have taken the bike up to 115 with no issues at all, but havent touched the rev limiter. No I am not releasing the bars to check that :-)
    I talked with a State trooper about their 1400 Connies one day and was surprised that he told me they chipped their bikes at 130mph.
    I mentioned they would go faster than that and he advised that because of the add ons the bike was no longer stable in the triple digits. Maybe with different windshield and other pieces in the air flow,that may cause it(?)

I had the front end 33-42 mph wobble.
    Tire pressure was always within 37-40.
    I've run it at 41 now religiously and all seems better.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

F6 Wobble Issue

Hey guys

I have the same issue with my 2014 F6, It only started a few 1000km back at low speed around 60KMH. When my bike went in for its 6000km service last week I discussed it with the tech. He believes it is the tire on front causing the issue. The heavy weight of the F6 and cornering putting the flat edge on the tire he put it down too. I will be changing from the Bridgestone on the next tire change to see if this issue can be fixed. It's not a comfortable feeling rolling back off the throttle and taking pressure off the bars.. I do have a Kuryakyn fork brace that came with the bike.

Has anyone else found a fix for this??

I had the wobble from brand new at between 37 and 41 mph approx. As I've stated before, the wobble was very subtle and you could only really notice it if you happened to take both hands off the handlebars at those speeds. I am pretty good at keeping track of my tire pressure and run the pressure stated on the bike's tag. 41 in the back and 36 up front. I put on new tires in May ( same as the OEM) and the problem has disappeared. Same tires, same pressures. I've put almost 6,000 miles on those tires now and still no wobble. Again, nothing changed other than I replaced the tires. But again the tires are the same Bridgestones that came on it and I run the same pressures.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Wheel Wobble

Well I did what several forum members suggested and checked my tire pressure in the front and rear and found both were low. I run 41 in the front and 42 in the rear and check them every weekend. The High Speed wobble has gone away with these pressures, yes I did do the Triples Again... still have the low speed wobble at 40 or so but only after taking both hands off the bars as stated before. i have now changed my rear tire as well just last week after 13500 miles and still have the factory front with plenty of tread... I'm still debating on going to the Darkside though. I just can't get passed how she'll ride in the curves as I've never Darksided before.

Quote Originally Posted by F6B Rider View Post
    I did in fact experience the oh wobbles at about 110, also wondered if the fork brace would help? I also believe I am better off under 100. The road was smooth, 4k miles on the 2013 f6b, no other tire balance problems.
    Is there a reason the eagle is up side down in your avatar photo?....................................Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"