2015 Matte Silver in Florida - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Matte Silver in Florida

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Tater View Post
    Hello and I have been on the F6B site for awhile, been more on it for info and etc. Now that I have finally got my new 2015 Matte Silver F6B this past week, I will be looking forward to meeting some of you. So far I'm enjoying the bike, the little I've been able to ride this week. I come from riding Sport Bikes and a smaller V Twin Cruiser for years. This is a great site for the F6B and glad to be part of it.

Attachment 13200Attachment 13201Attachment 13202
    It'a a beaut, let me know how the paint handles those Love Bugs end of the month?
    ss^,
    Ken

Plam Bay Florida, summer in Battle Creek, Mi.
    Ya Papa, live down in Bayside Lakes in Palm Bay. We ride up to Cocoa and Port Canaveral quite often, was up at Fish Lips yesterday, but not on the bike. We frequently bar hop the entire coast of Brevard County. Ride with several Harley riders and some metric cruisers. We are snow birds so we go back to Michigan normally in June, but this year mid May as we have a Grandson graduating this year. Will be back in Sept. We should try to meet somewhere one of these days if it ever stops raining, definitely into the summer weather. Met another guy on a blue f6b couple weeks ago in Sabastian at the Tiki Bar, he had just got his.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Tater View Post
    Hello and I have been on the F6B site for awhile, been more on it for info and etc. Now that I have finally got my new 2015 Matte Silver F6B this past week, I will be looking forward to meeting some of you. So far I'm enjoying the bike, the little I've been able to ride this week. I come from riding Sport Bikes and a smaller V Twin Cruiser for years. This is a great site for the F6B and glad to be part of it.

Attachment 13200Attachment 13201Attachment 13202
    dam,i love that color

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Ya Papa, live down in Bayside Lakes in Palm Bay. We ride up to Cocoa and Port Canaveral quite often, was up at Fish Lips yesterday, but not on the bike. We frequently bar hop the entire coast of Brevard County. Ride with several Harley riders and some metric cruisers. We are snow birds so we go back to Michigan normally in June, but this year mid May as we have a Grandson graduating this year. Will be back in Sept. We should try to meet somewhere one of these days if it ever stops raining, definitely into the summer weather. Met another guy on a blue f6b couple weeks ago in Sabastian at the Tiki Bar, he had just got his.

Jim - sounds good and have to meet up sometime.
    2015 Matte Silver F6B (Current Bike)
    2011 Yamaha Stryker Copper Red (Wife's Current Bike)
    2011 Yamaha Stryker Impact Blue (Traded in for F6B)
    1997 Yamaha YZF 1000 (1997-2015 - sold recently)
    1995 Yamaha YZF 600 (1995-1997)
    1984 Yamaha FJ 600 (1984-1993)
    1981 Suzuki GS 450 E (1983-1984)

I come from the Sport Bike World. The things I used to blow by, I now cruise by and enjoy......

Getting to liking the bike even more! Not quite 2 weeks and already added fog lights, rear rack and had the front windshield wrapped Matte/Flat Black

Attachment 13346Attachment 13347Attachment 13348
    2015 Matte Silver F6B (Current Bike)
    2011 Yamaha Stryker Copper Red (Wife's Current Bike)
    2011 Yamaha Stryker Impact Blue (Traded in for F6B)
    1997 Yamaha YZF 1000 (1997-2015 - sold recently)
    1995 Yamaha YZF 600 (1995-1997)
    1984 Yamaha FJ 600 (1984-1993)
    1981 Suzuki GS 450 E (1983-1984)

I come from the Sport Bike World. The things I used to blow by, I now cruise by and enjoy......

Oh yeah Tater.. the wrap looks great!

Matte paint finish issues?

I currently have a 2008 FJR1300AE and looking to get a 2015 F6B Deluxe. The guy at the dealership warned me about the fact that if you scuff the matte finish paint with your boot or something there is no getting rid of it without creating a bigger shiny spot. They had to buy a customer a new panel for some part of the bike already due to this issue. Any of you have this issue yet? in some of the other posts there is the discussions about the poor paint jobs and the paint rubbing off a bit. I am currently just gathering information but these are important issues to me. I hate it when I am forced to live with something that started out appearing to be good and it goes to shit. I cant trade in every year for a new paint job...

OMG, wish I never saw the Matte Silver. Loved the bike since it came out, but that just finishes it off

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Aldrich View Post
    I currently have a 2008 FJR1300AE and looking to get a 2015 F6B Deluxe. The guy at the dealership warned me about the fact that if you scuff the matte finish paint with your boot or something there is no getting rid of it without creating a bigger shiny spot. They had to buy a customer a new panel for some part of the bike already due to this issue. Any of you have this issue yet? in some of the other posts there is the discussions about the poor paint jobs and the paint rubbing off a bit. I am currently just gathering information but these are important issues to me. I hate it when I am forced to live with something that started out appearing to be good and it goes to shit. I cant trade in every year for a new paint job...
    Welcome aboard Dale; have fun with the info gathering

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
    OMG, wish I never saw the Matte Silver. Loved the bike since it came out, but that just finishes it off
    Holy crap Tundra; we might be neighbors

Angaston, Barossa Valley, South Australia.

Welcome

Welcome to the FAMILY, from Australia Tater. I have a black 2013 and love it to death. I must say though, I really like the look of the matte silver. Looks classy.
    Remember. STAY ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!