Heading to the Dragon - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heading to the Dragon

I did it too . After all I came back with badly scratched R 1150 heads , but still was worth to experience and challenge it . Hope the B will survive my another attempts , but definitely try not in weekends .

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    I did it too . After all I came back with badly scratched R 1150 heads , but still was worth to experience and challenge it . Hope the B will survive my another attempts , but definitely try not in weekends .
    SOme of the most fun I've had down there has actually been on other roads in the area. They tend to be less congested with little to no LEOs. The Dragon is fun, but like already mentioned, it's better off season or early in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    SOme of the most fun I've had down there has actually been on other roads in the area. They tend to be less congested with little to no LEOs. The Dragon is fun, but like already mentioned, it's better off season or early in the morning.
    After such a annoying winter , suddenly East Coast riders flooded roads now with all kind of machines .
    I am in constant search of getting on less congested and more scenic roads . Do you have any suggestions to follow up ? It doesn't need to be around the Dragon , but somewhere close to Allegheny or Great Smoky Mts. Shenandoah Valley is to flat for me . I need the thrill . Thanks.

After such a annoying winter , suddenly East Coast riders flooded roads now with all kind of machines .
    I am in constant search of getting on less congested and more scenic roads . Do you have any suggestions to follow up ? It doesn't need to be around the Dragon , but somewhere close to Allegheny or Great Smoky Mts. Shenandoah Valley is to flat for me . I need the thrill . Thanks.
    HWY 129 going down into Georgia.
    Here's a good 2 hour ride:
    https://goo.gl/maps/agfNf
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    HWY 129 going down into Georgia.
    Here's a good 2 hour ride:
    https://goo.gl/maps/agfNf
    That looks to me very promising . I have to add another 10 - 11 hr. to get over there , but if is worth it - WHY NOT ? Thanks anyway . This part of US is absolutely gorgeous and I might stay over there a little longer .

That looks to me very promising . I have to add another 10 - 11 hr. to get over there , but if is worth it - WHY NOT ? Thanks anyway . This part of US is absolutely gorgeous and I might stay over there a little longer .
    I can give you at least one more 2 hour ride. I'll need to figure out what we did first though....
    This was my first time there and my buddy's 194th time....he just knew where he was going and I was following.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    I can give you at least one more 2 hour ride. I'll need to figure out what we did first though....
    This was my first time there and my buddy's 194th time....he just knew where he was going and I was following.
    We did this road too.
    https://goo.gl/maps/vHOIs
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce

So the weather wants to be not so nice for Saturday so as it may as well be Sunday will be the day I head up there and Monday will be the riding day. So if there is anyone that has there ears perked at this ride let me know either way it's going to be a nice couple of days up in the mountains
    Matt Russell
    First Officer
    SCRC Chapter 189
    Orangeburg SC

Most of us will be there just before Labor Day! in fact about 80 of us.

Looks like this...

Attachment 13340
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

I plan to be up there in Franklin as well but it's to early for me to plan that far ahead
    Matt Russell
    First Officer
    SCRC Chapter 189
    Orangeburg SC