2nd impressions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2nd impressions

2nd impressions

So been riding about after the long winter and reflecting on the F6B-please keep in mind previous bike was a Triumph Thunderbird (which I loved till I rode the f6'er)
    (never had the attention or compliments)
    Headlights (really light up the road compared to the single eye on most cruisers)
    Fairing (even with the stock windscreen)
    Mirrors (at 1st a little put off by the Mickey Mouse Ears, but not having to tuck a elbow or roll a elbow in to see behind me priceless)
    Radio
    Engine (you always hear about the reliability of the Boxer 6, but it is damm fun as well
    Handling (got the rear shocks turned all the way up)
    Storage (way beyond the cruiser world)

At first was put off by the 5 speed tranny, now I think it is great
    Honda needs to support a F6B Group

100% agree... on everything

My headlights were adjusted a little lower from the dealer than I think they should have been; after raising them... I forgot all about wanting auxiliary lighting or doing headlight mods.

I agree with the others, plus:

I also appreciate having a REAL horn!

Smooth, linear power and low relative heat coming from the engine (compared to my Harley, especially in stop-and-go traffic)

Big, easy to read and ACCURATE gauges

Center stand

Easy maintenance, especially a one and done drain plug for the oil. OK...let's not talk about the over-engineered air filter process...

Until I retired I spent 20 years with American Honda Motor Co. as their District Sales Mgr. in the south western states (Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California). Since I left Honda in 2005 I moved back to Canada where I was born. Since 2005 I have owned a 2009 Kawasaki 650 Versys, 2004 Harley Low Rider, 2009 Harley Street Glide and now the 2013 Honda F6B. I have no desire to ever trade this bike as it truly meets all my needs and I always felt a little guilty not riding a Honda. It hurts me to see how poorly they retain their value. It is a fabulous bike in almost every way and it's worth every penny at retail in my opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Exploring the world, one road at a time.

Cheesy-I looked at the Thunderbird (I have the OLD Thunderbird-885 Triple 2004) I wanted a little different than all the Harleys around, more comfortable than my beloved TBS, reliable, easy nearby service...when I saw the F6B I knew it checked all the boxes- and I couldn't believe I was getting a Honda! I kinda had to swallow my, I don't know? Eurobike arrogance?? Anyway- I'm keeping the Triumph and picking the F6B up this Wed or Thurs...depending on this sh*%ty upstate NY weather.

Yes the Horn Rocks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ISLANDER1089 View Post
    Until I retired I spent 20 years with American Honda Motor Co. as their District Sales Mgr. in the south western states (Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California). Since I left Honda in 2005 I moved back to Canada where I was born. Since 2005 I have owned a 2009 Kawasaki 650 Versys, 2004 Harley Low Rider, 2009 Harley Street Glide and now the 2013 Honda F6B. I have no desire to ever trade this bike as it truly meets all my needs and I always felt a little guilty not riding a Honda. It hurts me to see how poorly they retain their value. It is a fabulous bike in almost every way and it's worth every penny at retail in my opinion.
    How do I get my suggestion to the top. I feel they need to introduce F6B with ABS and reverse In US.

Well I think along the lines of Tom Finch every motorcycle should have ABS brakes,
    most accidents on a motorcycle in the rain is due to wheel lock up, he told me who to
    make my complaint to but I would have to go back and find that Email.
    Tom also offered me a list of riders that had gone down pulling trailers in the rain that said
    ABS would have prevented the accident.

Have people forgotten how to drive without electronic intervention?

Call me the oddball but I'm not sure if I want ABS on a motorcycle.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Have people forgotten how to drive without electronic intervention?

Call me the oddball but I'm not sure if I want ABS on a motorcycle.
    I'm split 50/50 on ABS on a bike.
    I know that maximum braking is achieved if neither tire locks.
    I know that a front tire lockup leads to a mishap.
    Been riding so long without it, honing my skill set to find the corners of the performance envelope, I'm afraid that if I have ABS I would get complacent.
    Strictly a mind game.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce