This is NOT A JOKE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is NOT A JOKE

This is NOT A JOKE

Surfing on GL1800 Forum , I found disturbing comments , related to the oil leak on brand new GW .

"Hello Guys,

I bought a brand new 2013 GL1800 in the June 2014. But I found the engine oil on the floor at Dec 11, 2014, and I took some pictures from the bottom of the engine, the yellowish gasket part was wet.

I took my bike to Honda dealship immediately, they never met this situation before and told me the Goldwing engine never leaks, just the oil filter loose after inspection.

But after one month, it leaks again, it is not obviously drop, but it is very slow leak, please check the pictures, you can see the yellow part is wet, and I can see and feel the oil by my finger. The drain bolt and the crush washer seems OK and dry. In this time, the dealer made the oil change and replace a new bolt and washer.

One month later, it happen again. The dealer put some powder into the engine and test, nothing wrong and leak.

Today, the problem is stand still. I contacted the dealer in this morning, and they say the bike is OK to drive, they can not help me anymore.

It will be much appreciated if someone can give me some advice on what I can do, where I can file a complaint."

I wish never to happened to any of us .

Could be a bad gasket, they should change it.

Looks like a leak.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    Could be a bad gasket, they should change it.
    ... and the dealer is clueless ?

Is there another dealer in the area that you could go to for a second opinion?
    Steve K
    M61A1MECH
    Doctor Goldwing, has the antidote for the blues
    And the Lord said " Thou shalt have dominion over all the animals, except of course the cat."

Quote Originally Posted by M61A1MECH View Post
    Is there another dealer in the area that you could go to for a second opinion?
    If I were you I would find a decent dealer and ask for the Service Manager or owner and get a Honda rep involved...Sure looks like a gasket leak or a something very rare with the Honda flat-six...One of the posted pictures shows what appears to be some kind of damage to the underside of the motor??..Is this a possible cause???

Hmm; yeah that doesn't look good. It almost looks like a casting defect.

Bad Casting

It very well could be a bad casting which caused the leak in the first place, He need a second opinion and a Honda Rep to get involved. Should be a warranty issue for sure.... Hopefully that is what it is.....

His current dealer should be kicked to the curb; there are MUCH better Honda dealers out there who are actually interested in EARNING your business.

Besides, putting in a call to Honda to ask about this doesn't cost a dime to the dealer... and neither will the repair if Honda approves the work. The beauty of owning a Honda is that we don't have to put up with lousy dealers.

When I got my Valkyrie, it oozed thick yellow stuff for some time. It was apparently sprayed with it for protection?

That "oil" drip looks pretty thick. Maybe it is the same thing and will quit?

Just my .02
    Albuquerque, NM