Strange motorcycle crash story
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Strange motorcycle crash story

Strange motorcycle crash story

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...-in-black-hawk

Be careful out there. If you have carry permit how do you carry on your bike, if you care to share?

I tend to pocket carry in an uncle mikes holster.

File this under strange...did the guy pull the weapon to shoot the Hit and Run guy?, was the safety off and the gun discharge, was it cocked/loaded w/wo a safety ...to much not being told here.....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

shooter
    Lately I've been carrying in pocket Desantis Nemesis. Springfield XDs 45ACP. Sometimes on the ankle. Alessi ankle rig with a Kimber Super Carry Ultra. Sometimes the XD like that also. Depends on how high the boot is I'm wearing. These days the pocket carry seems to be my favorite. That Nemesis makes a gun disappear.

Glock # 36 with a Pierce +1 grip in a De Santis pocket holster.

Not trying to hijack but I have to ask. I'm from Canada and with all due respect to our American friends, I do not own a weapon and never ever thought of it. Yes, I grew up with a dad from the military with a gun and I have shot and killed more animals with it than most hunters ever will. Yes we have crime but odds are so low I've never considered defending myself by shooting someone. It would end me up in the slammer and I don't want to be raped. Not a good alternative. Lol .

Are things that bad down there that you have such a need?
    (Ya, I 've heard the constitution stance but I still don't get the obsession)

Not afraid of being flamed here because I know you won't try and shoot me ! It will end you up in jail where you will get raped instead of me. Lol!

Besides , Too many other things to worry about when riding. Wouldn't want to worry about a gun going off as well.

shooter
    Its not bad in all places. But you never know. A wise man once said "its better to be tried by twelve than carried by six". In other words better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. Its not for everyone. I've been carrying concealed for 32 years. Way before it was legal in my state. I feel naked without one. Might sound stupid to you but its as common as putting my wallet in my pocket.,

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluciano View Post

For sure, Lucky, this is a legitimate question. Here's something to consider...the fact that many are walking around carrying concealed is a huge deterrent to bad things happening. Just review the news and you start realizing that many, if not most, of the mass shootings have occured in places where guns were supposedly prohibited. These were places like schools, theaters, restaurants, etc. who posted no weapons notices. That's like a welcome sign to any bad guys who want to harm others. So yes, IMHO, we need more "good people" carrying guns and fewer places prohibiting them. That said, it's a huge responsibility to carry and one to be taken very, very seriously.

BTW, my personal favorite is a Sig P238. It's very small and amazingly accurate. And, with todays' ammo, can definitely do some damage.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Responsible gun owners are the first to grieve the loss of innocent life to senseless shootings, and the last to "pull" unless absolutely necessary. The mass shootings, and most shootings for that matter, are by irresponsible people. The responsible people who carry probably have the most respect for the life-taking power of their weapons.

Here's where I'm afraid I'll get flamed. Having said that, and as a responsible gun owner myself, I am not opposed to some kind of REASONABLE (we can argue all day on what "reasonable" is) restrictions on obtaining a weapon, in an effort to keep them out of the hands of the nutjobs. I'm not sure what that would be, but I wish gun enthusiasts could keep from freaking out at the phrase "gun regulation" so that we can at least have a discussion (heated if necessary) about how me might go about keeping guns in the hands of the responsible and out of the hands of the nuts. Just don't shut down the discussion as a knee jerk reaction to the words "gun regulation." The goal is to fully protect the rights for responsible people, but not let the nuts tarnish that beloved right.

Nah, no need, this is a cultural trend of late. Some of the southern states have liberalized gun regulations to the point of absurdity. Wear a kevlar vest in AZ or OK, it's the Wild West, baby!

Also, carrying a firearm with a round chambered (I presume the motorcyclist in the article did) is not a good idea unless you're in a war zone and there is an imminent threat. That's basic military training. It's also common sense.

And yes, I have firearms and a CC: license.

Not trying to hijack but I have to ask. I'm from Canada and with all due respect to our American friends, I do not own a weapon and never ever thought of it. Yes, I grew up with a dad from the military with a gun and I have shot and killed more animals with it than most hunters ever will. Yes we have crime but odds are so low I've never considered defending myself by shooting someone. It would end me up in the slammer and I don't want to be raped. Not a good alternative. Lol .

Not afraid of being flamed here because I know you won't try and shoot me ! It will end you up in jail where you will get raped instead of me. Lol!

Besides , Too many other things to worry about when riding. Wouldn't want to worry about a gun going off as well.
    It tis called people on DRUGS! You have the same problem in your part of North America.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.