New Goldwing Predictions - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Goldwing Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    I'm one that doesn't really feel the need for 6 speeds. I'm sure I'd appreciate it if it were so. I still have the stock exhaust and I don't hear the bike going down the interstate. I don't see the need for more displacement either. More power sure, but as already stated, we don't need more displacement to get more power. Variable valve timing would seem to be a cool feature to add.
    +1 What he said.

I don't need no stinkin 6 speed.

I got a 900lb bike, than get 40mpg on reg gas, at I-State speeds can pass at will without downshifting and the motor will last at least 200k miles.
    This thing works just fine w/ 1800cc & 5 spd. Would like to see ABS but not much else.

I also see F6B remaining the same for a while, even if a new Wing comes to bat. I just hope the F6B stays around a while. I know mine will !!

Everybody was all jazzed about a "New Goldwing", when Honda moved Wing production from Ohio back to Japan at the end of 2010. All we got was a facelift.
    13 F6B Deluxe I've taken the road less traveled, now where the hell am I?
    I don't buy a bike to impress other people, just me !!

Mine is pretty close to just right for me.No need for 6th gear IMHO this engine is breathing just right for me at 3 grand.Only thing I would like to see is a more Traxion like suspension from the get go and it really would be perfect.Love the ergonomics for my 6'5" frame.love the brakes and she gets 42-44mpg on good ol regular pump gas.Wait a minute I just thought of one more change-Make the damn air filter easier to service

Idk about predictions... but I have two desires

1. Don't screw it up; this one is nearly perfect.

2. Open up to the performance AFTERMARKET; c'mon Honda... unlock the ECM.

Quote Originally Posted by motoman View Post
    Someday soon, the Wing will have an Electric motor, or at least a hybrid.

I think the power-to-weight ratio on the Wing can support it.

It will be a brilliant showcase for Honda Automotive Electric technology.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post

I don't consider this a prediction but rather something to go on a wish list. Honda needs to fix 1st gear. It's too low in my mind. Taking off in 2nd feels better at times and the motor sure has plenty of torque for that. Fix that and adjust the other four gears then maybe people wouldn't want a 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by bertrider View Post
    I don't consider this a prediction but rather something to go on a wish list. Honda needs to fix 1st gear. It's too low in my mind. Taking off in 2nd feels better at times and the motor sure has plenty of torque for that. Fix that and adjust the other four gears then maybe people wouldn't want a 6th.
    Just something to consider with this...if you ride exclusively in the "flat" country, I could possibly agree with you. In our mountainous areas however, there is no way I personally would want a higher first gear. Having to start off on a steep incline can be tricky, even with the low first. For normal riding, and due to the stock gear ratios, I usually start off in first but short-shift to second. As a result, I'm OK with it as is (YMMV).
    Ken (Hornblower)

I hear ya on the 1st gear thing... but the bike needs to be able to handle the extremes like pulling a fully loaded trailer and 400 lbs of people up Lombard St in San Francisco... from a stop.

A better option IMO is to offer the OPTION of a lower final drive ratio for people who know they will never need such high torque multiplication. The existing ratio is about 3:1; they could offer a 2:1 ring and pinion which would do everything that a higher 1st gear and having a 6th gear would do.

You beat me to it Ken!

4 valve per cylinder heads
    double overhead cams
    6 speed manual
    Automatic optional
    electric windshield (up/down)
    direct injection fueling
    variable valve timing