Madstad - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Madstad

At 5'8",30"inseam, Mustang seat and appx 4,000 miles w/the Madstad on the 6, I am not sure if I have yet found the sweet spot.

I finally have my new Madstad shield mounted. Great product that works as advertised. And the customer service is just as good.

My clear shield came with the holes messed up so i could not mount it at first. I emailed them on Friday night and got a response on Sunday evening, and that shocked me. Mark has worked with me to get the issue solved. I could not be happier with my experience and with the product.

15" all the way down works better than 13" all the way up

Quote Originally Posted by mike2000t View Post
    I finally have my new Madstad shield mounted. Great product that works as advertised. And the customer service is just as good.

My clear shield came with the holes messed up so i could not mount it at first. I emailed them on Friday night and got a response on Sunday evening, and that shocked me. Mark has worked with me to get the issue solved. I could not be happier with my experience and with the product.
    I had a similar issue. I ordered the 13" with rounded bottom and it came with the wrong holes drilled in the shield. Mark told me to drill 2 extra holes, run it a while and get back to him. After riding it a while, I called them back and they replaced it with the proper holes drilled in it. I also requested that the round bottom replacement shield come without branding since I debadged my bike. The new shield came with the proper holes, rounded bottom and no branding.

Also FWIW, with the 15" down all the way, is actually lower than the 13" all the way up and works better than the 13" all the way up.

My 13" shield is mounted and I love it. The 15" was just a bit tall for me, but the 13" is just right for the way I sit/my height. Mark had me drill extra holes in the messed up one that was sent too, so i ended up with two shields. Not that the taller one will see much use, but it was nice.

The Madstad makes for a nicer riding experience than my old fixed shield. Small tilts and adjustments make a difference. Love it.