Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
Had a 2004 Road King, never had a problem with that bike and probably was my favorite of all my Harleys. I could sit on it all day, I used to call it the Road Sofa.
Like us they've matured, primarily due to upgrades in the frame and changes to the new Rushmore engine line (both air and water cooled models).

No more loose rear suspension wallowing their way through a turn. And with upgraded cams and ECM programming, Stage upgrades aren't really required to get average performance from the dated engine design.

Still they are what they are...a sheep in wolves clothing that mid-life Boomers feel satisfy their last wave to shore ride. They do maintain residual value. But with all the recent recalls (several on clutches and other components) the love affair may be loosing that *spark* for some, and resale value may as well.

However HD isn't immune...The recent BMW's I had all required component change outs due to infant mortality caused by outsourced components that failed. The parts bin of the World contains some crappy stuff today.

Edit: Per HD SB M-1402A simply removing the master cylinder and rinsing it in distilled water, followed by an Isopropyl alcohol flush, will neutralize the offending problem...bubbles formed in the brake fluid reducing the available clutch hydraulic system pressure.