Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
Nothing to do with feelings, my original comment, they use the public as their R&D, was based on the recall was done due to "customer complaints", accidents and injuries due to a defective clutch master cylinder. I won in court due to a throttle lag, which can get you killed if you're trying to enter a highway, or change lanes, and you have a 1-2 second lag in throttle response. Harley knew about the problem, never admitted it, sent the bike out on the market anyway. These are legitimate, serious problems that could have and would have been caught had the proper R&D been done. And as an owner I definitely will hold their feet to the fire, especially when I hear they're still pulling the same bullshit with peoples lives.
Like my 2007 Street Glide. The crankshaft went out of balance at 35,000 miles. Lost oil pressure and could have blown the engine. Got it fixed under warranty but luckily I was in town and didn't get stranded in the middle of nowhere. Come to find out later it was a known problem with the first year 96ci engines in the touring models. The MoCo just rolled the dice since most of their bikes never see that many miles. I read about a lot of them while mine was down for two weeks. That was the most aggravating part, being without a bike for two weeks. The warranty would cover a rental CAR but not a motorcycle. I told them I ride a motorcycle and that's what I want but I didn't win that fight. Might not sound like a big deal but I only ride a motorcycle. It was frustrating. That's why I traded it for the F6B. I don't worry about it breaking down, but even if it does my dealer has loaner bikes. How cool is that?