Harley recalls nearly 46,000 motorcycles
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Harley recalls nearly 46,000 motorcycles

Harley recalls nearly 46,000 motorcycles

Just heard about the recall, something about the clutches not disengaging..

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/bus...call/26306037/

As usual Harley uses the public as their R&D.
    In 2014 they recalled over 66,000 bikes because of the front wheel locking up.

Be easy...Honda recalled a couple because the frame broke !!!!

All mass produced units will have trouble...search BMW...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

shooter
    Steve is right. Very few things are perfect in this world. Harley did the right thing by recalling the bikes instead of trying to avoid the issue.

True but this has been a habitual Harley problem over the years. In just 2 years they've recalled over 100,000 bikes. I've had a Kawasaki recall years ago but they contacted me, Kawasaki didn't wait for customers to get injured to acknowledge it. Their tourers have a deceleration rattle at 30-40 mph, which they still won't acknowledge, so my buddy, after 2 years of fighting with them, took a $1000 out of his pocket to change the front tubes and it went away. A little R&D by the company, instead of the consumers, would go a long way.

In case anyone needs to know, I have had numerous Harleys, Street Glides, Road Kings and traded a 2013 Harley Road Glide Custom for my F6B and have a 2012 Harley Sportser as a second bike (that I'm looking to dump for an Indian Scout).

My problem is simple... I don't kick another man's bike...period. the hate has to stop somewhere and I chose to have it stop with me...the best/only way to get someone's attention is with your money !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Back in '04, I had to have the frame on my '03 Wing re-welded in a recall.
    Also had a BMW during their Final Drive issues... dodged that one.
    All bike companies can/have had issues, at one time or another. It's how they handle it the matters to me.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    and have a 2012 Harley Sportser as a second bike (that I'm looking to dump for an Indian Scout).
    Not to hi-jack but the Indian Scout is a blast to ride!! Demo'd it 3x @ Daytona. It WILL be my next 2nd bike. That liquid cooled little motor and 6 spd tranny are smooth. It certainly won't replace my F6 but it would be a hoot for around town.
    Back to your regularly scheduled thread...
    13 F6B Deluxe I've taken the road less traveled, now where the hell am I?
    I don't buy a bike to impress other people, just me !!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    My problem is simple... I don't kick another man's bike...period. the hate has to stop somewhere and I chose to have it stop with me...the best/only way to get someone's attention is with your money !!!
    I speak from personal experience not hate. Hate is an emotion based on fear and lack of knowledge, just the opposite here. I have had extensive experience and as recently as 3 years ago took a Harley dealer to court, and won. No one complains about Harleys more than Harley owners and mostly out of frustration because they love the bike but hate the way they're killing the brand. One of those ways is by cranking out bikes without doing proper R&D as demonstrated by Polaris just posted a 74% increase in motorcycle sales.

As long as you feel better when your done......

Nothing to do with feelings, my original comment, they use the public as their R&D, was based on the recall was done due to "customer complaints", accidents and injuries due to a defective clutch master cylinder. I won in court due to a throttle lag, which can get you killed if you're trying to enter a highway, or change lanes, and you have a 1-2 second lag in throttle response. Harley knew about the problem, never admitted it, sent the bike out on the market anyway. These are legitimate, serious problems that could have and would have been caught had the proper R&D been done. And as an owner I definitely will hold their feet to the fire, especially when I hear they're still pulling the same bullshit with peoples lives.