New exhuast
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New exhuast

New exhuast

Anyone have exhaust preference? ... Anyone have the Vance & Hines? ... Looking to install on my 2014 ... Thanks ...

shooter
    I've got the V&H. Great looks , great sound , no 'drone' , easy install. I have yet to find a downside to these pipes.

Thanks ...

This is the only negative thing I've seen about them but it's probably why there's no drone.

Here is my questions in response to the video. Does it hurt or harm the bike in anyway? Does it lower or improve the performance of the bike? If the answer is no it doesn't but it improves the drone sound than no matter how it's designed it works
    Matt Russell
    First Officer
    SCRC Chapter 189
    Orangeburg SC

Quote Originally Posted by wildrooster View Post
    Here is my questions in response to the video. Does it hurt or harm the bike in anyway? Does it lower or improve the performance of the bike? If the answer is no it doesn't but it improves the drone sound than no matter how it's designed it works
    Looks like it would increase the back pressure on the engine.

shooter
    Bobby the thing is , and I posted this before , the guy in the video is not a flow engineer. He pretends to know something about flow dynamics , he doesn't. I am not a flow engineer but I can tell you this. At no time is the exhaust being restricted. It is merely redirected. The exhaust flow is lengthend within the confines of the space alotted. So basically instead of running through say 3 feet if pipe maybe its running through 6 feet. Just a guesstimate. But you get the idea. I'll tell you another thing , V&H doesn't just throw a pipe together. I've been watching these guys since I was a kid. And I'm 57. Years ago I had the privilege of meeting Andrew Hines Grandpa. I remember he had time to sign an autograph and talk for a minute. These guys are winners. For years the built the fastest Suzuki's on the planet. Still do but at the same time they have made HD the fastest bike on two wheels. Yes its a complicated pipe design , but it works. After 46 years on two wheels I can feel a performance difference. I'm waiting for some longer rides to check fuel mileage. As for the guy on the video , he's a fool that believes his own hype. JMHO

It's good to hear both sides. I know a straight through pipe doesn't guarantee better results, especially on a motorcycle. I actually like the video because it shows the well thought out design of the muffler. I have no doubt it's a good pipe and if it would hurt the bike in any way they wouldn't make it or sell it.

Shooter, I don't think you're being honest with yourself. Are you defending that design only because you have them?

It doesn't take a flow engineer to see that this thing will undoubtedly rob your engine of power. This is an exhaust system designed to create a certain SOUND... and if that's what you're after, then please enjoy it. But let's not fool ourselves into thinking this is a performance exhaust. I wouldn't even fool myself into thinking this even maintains the same power level as OEM.

No dog in this hunt but naturally aspirated engines require some back pressure created through the exhaust side of the valves and exhaust. Some bikes more so than others. My Honda VTX 1800 for one ran like a POS with wide open aftermarket exhausts. I spent much money figuring out what MA Honda put on it stock worked the best. I actually had duals on it that I had to weld baffles and washers to create back pressure until performance became acceptable.
    My Street Glide, not so much. It seems to like un obstructed breathing..With Vance and Hines True Duals.
    My guess Vance and Hines has a bit of reasoning for all the exhaust channeling they've done with the ovals. Just my opinion.
    J
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe