New exhuast - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New exhuast

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    In George's defense....he hasn't had his F6B for a few weeks now and she is still in a coma undergoing major surgery.
    I'm jonesing bad Steve

At this point I'm starting to think all that fantastic riding was all just a dream. I hope to get the bike back this week, but wouldn't be surprised if it was next week.

just get the cobras and use some loose fitting earplugs.....you know they look cool and you want them!!

Does anyone have a dyno with their new exhaust?

New exhaust with dyno, anyone?

Exhaust expert

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    This is the only negative thing I've seen about them but it's probably why there's no drone.

If this guy knew anything about Vance & Hines he would know that building, tuning, and testing for the best flow and horsepower gain without damaging the engine is what the company does best. What this guy does best is up for grabs but he definitely doesn't have a clue as to what he is talking about and he will probably buy some POS exhaust that will not produce anything for his engine that is good and get rid of the one that would have benefited his ride.....

Here's what JLyon posted a while ago; Cobra pipes, K&N filter, and Bazzaz tuner. A stock bike will be at about 100hp and 107 torque.

J you still around?

IMO the power curves of a GL1800 denote its' workhorse nature. An engine built for speed will have significantly more peak hp than tq... but an engine built for work will have a dominant tq curve, especially down low, to pull a trailer and all the passenger and cargo you can load.

I think the significant falloff in the upper RPM range is due to the inefficiencies created by how our intake and exhaust manifolds attach to the engine; it's just not capable of efficiently moving LARGE volumes of air.

Hey Watso or Shooter, can one of you guys contact V&H and point them to this thread?

I'd love to have them explain to us what this exhaust is all about, why all the "weirdness", and how can the bike still make power with it.