New exhuast

Thread: New exhuast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New exhuast

Anyone have exhaust preference? ... Anyone have the Vance & Hines? ... Looking to install on my 2014 ... Thanks ...

shooter
    I've got the V&H. Great looks , great sound , no 'drone' , easy install. I have yet to find a downside to these pipes.

Thanks ...

This is the only negative thing I've seen about them but it's probably why there's no drone.

Here is my questions in response to the video. Does it hurt or harm the bike in anyway? Does it lower or improve the performance of the bike? If the answer is no it doesn't but it improves the drone sound than no matter how it's designed it works
    Matt Russell
    First Officer
    SCRC Chapter 189
    Orangeburg SC

Quote Originally Posted by wildrooster View Post
    Here is my questions in response to the video. Does it hurt or harm the bike in anyway? Does it lower or improve the performance of the bike? If the answer is no it doesn't but it improves the drone sound than no matter how it's designed it works
    Looks like it would increase the back pressure on the engine.

shooter
    Bobby the thing is , and I posted this before , the guy in the video is not a flow engineer. He pretends to know something about flow dynamics , he doesn't. I am not a flow engineer but I can tell you this. At no time is the exhaust being restricted. It is merely redirected. The exhaust flow is lengthend within the confines of the space alotted. So basically instead of running through say 3 feet if pipe maybe its running through 6 feet. Just a guesstimate. But you get the idea. I'll tell you another thing , V&H doesn't just throw a pipe together. I've been watching these guys since I was a kid. And I'm 57. Years ago I had the privilege of meeting Andrew Hines Grandpa. I remember he had time to sign an autograph and talk for a minute. These guys are winners. For years the built the fastest Suzuki's on the planet. Still do but at the same time they have made HD the fastest bike on two wheels. Yes its a complicated pipe design , but it works. After 46 years on two wheels I can feel a performance difference. I'm waiting for some longer rides to check fuel mileage. As for the guy on the video , he's a fool that believes his own hype. JMHO

Exhaust expert

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    This is the only negative thing I've seen about them but it's probably why there's no drone.

If this guy knew anything about Vance & Hines he would know that building, tuning, and testing for the best flow and horsepower gain without damaging the engine is what the company does best. What this guy does best is up for grabs but he definitely doesn't have a clue as to what he is talking about and he will probably buy some POS exhaust that will not produce anything for his engine that is good and get rid of the one that would have benefited his ride.....

To add to the confusion....SuperTrapp's entire line is designed on back pressure and just how much plugging works best.....

Attachment 13474

PS - I am not a flow engineer either, and I did get a "D" in Fluid Physics.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

In George's defense....he hasn't had his F6B for a few weeks now and she is still in a coma undergoing major surgery.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce