Getting excited - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting excited

Saddle surgery would be another option to explore to get your feet on the ground, right?

lower

A number of comments have been made. First, I did, and sometimes still do, wear my inch thick soled boots. A good friend and I rode to San Antonio (3 hours away) and at one of our rest stops he said: "Boy, you really take good care of your foot ware. I would not have believed a pair of Disco Boots would make it this long". Ugh. The word on saddle cutting is worthwhile. On my 08 GL18 I lowered the "frame to swing arm link" with a 5/8 inch shorter rod and that lowered the frame of the bike. I still only had one foot flat on the ground and the other foot was up on toes. So, I peeled back the seat cover, took my Thanksgiving turkey electric carving knife and removed the "Thunder Thighs Seat Side-Wings", did a little sculpting, and retacked the cover. This brought my legs in close enough to allow my feet to touch the ground flat footed on both sides. The last two lowering links I have installed, both used on GL18's, looked cheaply made. This is not a place to scrimp on the quality of the metal. A friend showed me one he liked and I ordered it the same day. Good piece of gear from:
    Hi Troy
    Just checking to make sure that you received your Kit.
    Your feed-back is welcome at any time.
    Thanks
    Tom – Low Wing – 330-289-6893
    I hope that these comments take care of any questions. Pray for rain, even if I do not get to ride this afternoon.