Seriously???? - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Seriously????

Yes - some do , more than you think ...

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Pertty spot on post there my friend. To bad more people don't realize this.
    Here , one can find essential explanation of existing problems , exposed
    by James Baldwin in the book "The Collapse of American Hope" .

"Black rage is a response to black suffering and failure of the past , and reflects the irresistible temptation to attribute African American problems to a history of white racist oppression. Despite substantial progress over the past few decades, African Americans continue to show conspicuous evidence of failure - failure in the workplace, failure in schools and colleges, and failure to maintain intact families and secure communities. Taken together, these hardships and inadequacies virtually assure that blacks will not eve equality of earnings and status with other groups anytime soon. Even more seriously, they threaten to destroy poor black communities and endanger the economic and physical integrity of society as a whole".

"There is a political chasm as well: increasingly the Republican party is becoming the party of whites, while the Democratic party is beholden to its African American voting base. If these political and racial divisions are exacerbated, we are likely to witness a further decomposition of the bonds that hold the country together. Thus America's historically unprecedented attempt to construct a truly multiracial society may be doomed to fail".

There is another and almost forgotten aspect of this murky reality - In such a divided and multi racial society , maintaining solid ideology , supporting national interest and for benefits of all , is simply impossible .

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Peaceful coexistence cannot and will not happen as long as one contingent resents another... this is a jumbo size can of worms.
    ... and you are right again . Surely , after 2014 it will be obvious already .

http://www.businessinsider.com/censu...y-2043-2012-12

This ghetto mentality and behavior isn't limited to blacks...every race imposes limitations on non-normal activity for their group.

What's normal for some is poverty, crime among and between races, an unsupervised existence, no family ties, and a lack motivation and self restraint regardless of race.

For others it's behaving like their community, neighbors, and family approve with a learned conscience. In the latter situation when screwing up prompt corrective action is taken (or at least it once was).

We of age are watching the reforming of social behavior, but that doesn't mean we should accept it.

Limoles "Black rage is a response to black suffering and failure of the past "

And there lies the problem... My people, ( American Indian ) had everything taken away and either starved or killed... You don't see indians out burning stuff because their ancestors were treated badly!!!

When are people going to stop living in the past? Kinda like the trash, you take it out to the curb and then you hear the trash truck coming and you run outside and bring it back in...at some point it will begin to stink!!!

Trust me I get it, I have no clue what it is to be black, We have a couple that comes over from time to time, ( black)...she is my "work wife" so we are pretty close!!! They are both retired Air Force...they have two kids ( mid 20's) I was somewhat taken back when the father stated he was concerned that his child may be stop by a policeman and something bad happen...I tried to understand his was of thinking, but for me being a retired police officer could not really. I can only speak for myself and the people who worked for me...I have not nor have ever seen any wrong doing to a citizen...period. Now I did see one shot, after he shot first, have seen a few with a bump on their heads when they did not get in the police car as instructed...but can honestly say no one was ever mis treated. My advice to the father was simple...keep your hands on the wheel, turn on the inside light, be polite and drive on...simple. The problem begins when people do not do as instructed...right or wrong does not matter...that is what the court house is for...on the street do what the nice police officer says to do and ALL will end well.
    My confusion begins when someone says that because of some ill that happen many years ago that it is now OK to burn down the local store ??? It is harsh but I stand but shooting them( who ever and whatever color) when they come to burn a store, a state vehicle or private property...period! In this case the idiot mayor saying she had set up areas for "them" to destroy is insane! What ever happen to protecting life and property. Is there anyone on this board that would go three states over and burn a town because someone they don't know or have ever met had some injustice done to them???

I will say it again...the black community needs to fix itself, from within!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

(I will say it again...the black community needs to fix itself, from within!!! ) Very well put. We have the same kinda problem with the Indians here. Always blame it on someone else.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Quote Originally Posted by DaWadd View Post
    (I will say it again...the black community needs to fix itself, from within!!! ) Very well put. We have the same kinda problem with the Indians here. Always blame it on someone else.
    Huge example of blaming someone else......not sure if blaming someone else is a one race problem but if things keep going this way we are all in trouble. Beware this may cause your blood pressure to go up!!!! The link does not work well so I attached part of the article!

http://www.courier-journal.com/story...fear/25581605/

Judge Slams Victims for Tot’s ’Black Men’ Fear (9.4)
    Printable Version of Article
    Courier-Journal
    Judge slams victims for tot's 'black men' fear
    Andrew Wolfson 9:46 a.m. EDT April 15, 2015
    Jordan and Tommy Gray's 3-year-old daughter was watching "SpongeBob" when two armed men broke into their home near Buechel on March 21, 2013, and robbed them at gunpoint.

Two years later, when one of the offenders was about to be sentenced, Jordan wrote in a victim impact statement that her daughter was still "in constant fear of black men." Both robbers were African-American.

"Whenever we are running errands, if we come across a black male, she holds me tight and begs me to leave," the mother said. "It has affected her friendships at school and our relationships with African-American friends."

Tommy Gray also wrote that since the crime, his daughter had been terrified of black males and that probation was not sufficient punishment for Gregory Wallace, 27, who had pleaded guilty to robbery.

"If holding a little girl at gunpoint gets you probation, then our system is flawed," Gray said.

But when Wallace was brought up for sentencing Feb. 4 in Jefferson Circuit Court, it was the parents, not Wallace, who suffered Judge Olu Stevens' wrath.

"I am offended. … I am deeply offended that they would be victimized by an individual and express some kind of fear of all black men," he said.

"This little girl certainly has been victimized, and she can't help the way she feels," he said. "My exception is more with her parents and their accepting that kind of mentality and fostering those type of stereotypes."

The Grays were not in court as Stevens denounced their statements and granted probation to Wallace, whom he said deserved the opportunity to redeem himself.

But they did see when Stevens condemned their statements again, in a post on Facebook.

"Do three year olds form such generalized, stereotyped and racist opinions of others?" he wrote. "I think not. Perhaps the mother had attributed her own views to her child as a manner of sanitizing them."

Stevens, who was appointed to the bench in 2009 and re-elected last year without opposition, did not mention the Grays or Wallace by name on Facebook. He noted in court and in his post that "the statement played absolutely no role in the sentencing decision."

And in an interview, he said he did nothing improper in court or on social media. "I was cautioning the parents against allowing racial stereotypes to impact their behavior and that of their child," he said.

But leading experts on judicial ethics condemned his remarks, as did Commonwealth's Attorney Tom Wine and friends and family of the Grays, some of whom have started a Facebook page urging Stevens' removal from office.

"Judge Stevens blamed and shamed the victims," said the girl's paternal grandmother, Dawn Renee Bryant, who said her daughter-in-law cried when she read the judge's post. "It is very disturbing to be called something you are not."

Wine said his office would disavow any racist victim impact statement but the statements made by the victims in this case "were not intended to be and were not."

"The mother of a 3-year-old was describing how the home invaders, armed with guns, affected her family," Wine said. "She differentiated how the adults and the child were affected."

He also said that "had the assailants been old fat men with white beards, I believe the child would have the same reaction to similarly described persons."

In an email, Ronald Rotunda, a law professor at Chapman University in Orange, Calif., and the author of a widely used course book on legal ethics, said Stevens violated the Code of Judicial Conduct, both by using the prestige of his office to further his personal interests and by commenting on a pending case on Facebook.

"The judge, acting like a pop psychologist, decides to attack the little girl and her parents," Rotunda said. "Then, after the judge … has a chance to cool down … he goes on Facebook and does it all over again. The judge should be a little more judicious."

Jeffrey Shaman, who teaches at Chicago's DePaul University law school and once ran the Center for Judicial Conduct Organizations, said judicial criticism of victim impact statements could discourage victims from "participating in the criminal justice system and ensuring that their voices will be heard."

Indiana University law professor Charles Geyh said that while it is not intrinsically wrong for a judge to criticize a victim — such as the instigator of a bar fight — given Stevens' emotional reaction in court and on Facebook, he arguably should have disqualified himself because his impartiality might be questioned.

"While the judge insisted that his judgment was unaffected by the victim statement, the issue is whether a reasonable observer would think likewise. Maybe not," Geyh said.

Still, Geyh said matters of race can be complex.

"An observer disconnected from issues of race and racial politics might regard the victim statement as innocuous," he said. "For an observer sensitive to race, however, the implication that black defendants should be held accountable for traumatizing their victims because they are black … is troubling."

In an interview, Stevens, who says in his Twitter profile that he prides himself on showing "respect for all those who come before the court," denied that he demeaned Wallace's victims.

"I wasn't criticizing the victims, I was criticizing a statement that I thought was a generalization against an entire race of people," he said.

Stevens, a former Louisville Bar Association president, said his Facebook post was "very well-received by many people" and that he took it down after about a week because "a small group of individuals began promoting their agenda on my page." The Courier-Journal obtained a copy this month.

The Kentucky Judicial Ethics Committee has said judges may post on Facebook and other social media sites but noted that they are "fraught with peril for judges," who must "avoid the appearance of impropriety" and thus accept restrictions that "might be viewed as burdensome by the ordinary citizen."

Wallace and his accomplice, Marquis McAfee, both 27, were arrested about three weeks after the robbery. Both pleaded guilty and McAfee, who was on probation for a prior crime, was sentenced to 10 years in prison, which he is serving.

Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney Richard Elder objected to probation for Wallace, who pleaded guilty to a 20-year sentence, saying he was "guilty as hell" and "put a gun in that little girl's father's face."

But Stevens said in court that Wallace had no prior convictions for violent crimes and strong support from his family and friends, who wrote letters to the judge noting that he had won the "Johnny Unitas Scholar Athlete Award" at Iroquois High School and stayed out of trouble during 17 months in jail awaiting trial.

Stevens said in court that "more times than not" he sends offenders who use firearms during their offenses to prison, but in this case "I think the equities weigh in favor of you having the opportunity to redeem yourself."

Of the victim statement, he said to Elder, "I wonder if the perpetrator had been white would they be in fear of white men. The answer would probably be no.

"I am offended by that," Stevens continued. "Perhaps you can pass this on that I find this very offensive. You don't need to answer for it."

"Certainly I can understand the court's outrage there," Elder said before changing his mind. "I guess I really don't."

In his Facebook post, Stevens said he would continue to speak out.

"It is incumbent on me to confront and dispose of language based on racism and stereotypes," he wrote. "We should all do our part to eradicate such nonsense. And let me be clear, silence does nothing to contribute. It simply sends a message that such views are acceptable and fear somehow excuses wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by valkmc View Post
    Huge example of blaming someone else......not sure if blaming someone else is a one race problem but if things keep going this way we are all in trouble. Beware this may cause your blood pressure to go up!!!! The link does not work well so I attached part of the article!

http://www.courier-journal.com/story...fear/25581605/

Judge Slams Victims for Tot’s ’Black Men’ Fear (9.4)
    Printable Version of Article
    Courier-Journal
    Judge slams victims for tot's 'black men' fear
    Andrew Wolfson 9:46 a.m. EDT April 15, 2015
    Jordan and Tommy Gray's 3-year-old daughter was watching "SpongeBob" when two armed men broke into their home near Buechel on March 21, 2013, and robbed them at gunpoint.

Two years later, when one of the offenders was about to be sentenced, Jordan wrote in a victim impact statement that her daughter was still "in constant fear of black men." Both robbers were African-American.

This is the kind of absursdity that makes me boil over... when judges and politicians bend over backwards to show how "racially enlightened" they are when in fact they are doing a huge disservice to ALL parties involved, and they're too full of themselves to realize it.

" Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Even though his concept is non-racial, his bigotry of the police by calling them a "gang" weakens his public service announcement. If I am wearing a bag over my head, long sleeves, long pants and gloves and resist arrest by either running, fighting or brandishing a weapon the police are going to abandon phase 1 of police policy which is peaceful and respectful arrest. Phase 2 entails aggressive procedures to secure my arrest to prevent injury to the officer. Doesn't matter what my skin color is, that officer has a family to go home to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver