Progressive suspension

Thread: Progressive suspension

Progressive suspension

I'm looking at installing new suspension on my bike and have been doing some research and found that Progressive makes some for the Goldwing and the F6B. The ones for the F6B you can get 1" lower which really apeals to me being short and all. So my question is, has anyone installed the Progressive suspension front or rear or both on their bikes and what was your impressions? So whether it was the standard height or the 1" shorter, doesn't matter just give it to me.

I went with the front, lower by 1+"..takes the stiffness out of the front end, makes the bike contact the road better, gives the bike a better feel for what it is doing...you will need to lower your kickstand by 1" and I also lowered my center stand by 1"...your looking at $625 installed !!!!

I would do it again !!!

Look at the fairing compared to yours now..

1" section cut out of center stand...

Do a couple of searches, a lot of info already posted...

No issues with the back...save your money...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I went with the front, lower by 1+"..takes the stiffness out of the front end, makes the bike contact the road better, gives the bike a better feel for what it is doing...you will need to lower your kickstand by 1" and I also lowered my center stand by 1"...your looking at $625 installed !!!!

I would do it again !!!

Look at the fairing compared to yours now..

1" section cut out of center stand...

Do a couple of searches, a lot of info already posted...

No issues with the back...save your money...
    Thanks Steve. It looks good. From what I've understood is you don't lose the anti dive in the front, but it replaces almost all the internals. You said 1+" so did you raise the form tubes as well? Do you have any bottoming problems with the front?

I've looked at the lowering link from lowered wings and looked at the 3/4" or the 1" drop bracket as well, I'm definitely looking at going lower on the wing for handing purposes and for looks, you don't see too many that are lowered for that custom look. But I don't want to give up my 2 up rideability either so I know there has to be some compromises there.

Never has the bike bottomed out...well maybe with the stock shocks after hitting a pot hole, two up is not effected...does not drag anymore than before...its a non issue.... if you come to Franklin you can ride it before you decide,,,

NO the front end was lowered by 1+ "
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

lowering

I installed the 1 1/4" lowering link, and pulled the front tubes up about 1/2" - looks good and works well,

BUT - I only ride solo, and I weigh less than 160 lbs. I've also clobbered (without serious problems) the anti-freeze

overflow bottle. I might have hit it anyway with stock suspension.

I'd like to know if Progressive's 1 inch shorter front monotubes gives you 1 inch less front end travel?

If you lower front end (or raise forks) be careful not to go too far or you will end up with serious and expensive

damage when parts starts colliding into each other.

I've lowered my last 3 bikes successfully (including a Valkyrie).

Have fun.

Thanks guys for the help and advice.